1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

People looking to buy 17" wheels in So. Cal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by shawnb2, Feb 9, 2011.

1. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just to let those people who had asked me before and of course the new people who may be interested, I have decided to sell my 17" Enkei EKM3's. They are listed in the for sale forum here on Prius Chat. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

2. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm just curious if you have seen any issues using after market wheels that are larger & heavier? Any decline in MPG or steering issues? What about power & acceleration? I just bought a 2010 Pruis III with the 15" wheels & I would like to get some larger wheels but several people have said the added weight is ver bad for the Prius. Thanks.

3. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Prius V comes with 17" wheels from the factory. These Enkei's are about 4lbs. each lighter than the factory wheels. At most it made maybe a 1 MPG difference, probably by the open multi-spoke design, but it very well could have been me driving differently. Going to the 17" wheels you will notice the car handles a bit better because of the lower profile tires which have less sidewall flex than the 15's. I made sure at the time to do my research to make sure the car didn't take a big hit in MPG's while still making it look better in my opinion and not like everyone else's. I think I did that with these wheels. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to answer them when I have the time.