1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

People overestimate mileage

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by adric22, Aug 1, 2011.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    interesting you should ask. we stopped at Burgerville on our way home from Portland and i realized that the charger is Tesla only...

[​IMG]

but no matter. we are part of the EV highway project and the nation's first electrified highway runs about 3 miles past my house from Canada to Mexico. so i live in a very EV friendly place (what other possible explanation would you have for a charger for an exotic sports car that is literally stationed in the middle of nowhere other than the fact that is nearly half way between Seattle and Portland)

and will have QC stations by this fall anyway. as far as the trip described. we make it 3-6 times a year. have relatives in Salem. we ALWAYS stop at a rest area for bathroom break which takes at least 15 mins. QC would give us enough range to make it to Portland in about 20 minutes. so the time difference would be less than half an hour and that includes the fact that our average speed would be lower.

a note about Burgerville; they provide fresh ingredients supplied by local producers only. right now the Burgerville in Centralia has Walla Walla Onion rings, Raspberry shakes from Oregon and grass-fed beef (that is there all the time) from a farm less than 20 miles away. if there was ever a company that was green and sustainable. this is the place.

1 person likes this.
  2. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    We average 26mph on our day to day work commute tanks of gas.

I also made myself an excel mileage tracking sheet since the Fiesta is a lease and I wanted to make sure we won't go over.

She drives on average around 30mi a day, my average is closer to half at 16.5mi.

The only place I have seen a charger is outside our arena and I cannot wait to fill up my tank (PHV or Focus EV) when we are watching hockey.

3. gwmort

gwmort Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Dave,

It might interest you to know I spoke with a Tesla representative at a recent press event for the Model S and they said it would come with an adapter so it could plug into SAE J1772 chargers. I wonder if there will be some kind of reverse adapter to let you plug into their units.

They also gave me some scary specs for home charging units in excess of 90 amps that could refill the model S pretty quickly, but I have to imagine that would be a much more expensive install than my 20 amp SPX charger (which they said I'd still be able to use with said adapter).

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    we have a guy who built a tesla to J1772 adapter but cost $150. not worth it. there will be plenty of charging stations around here soon enough.