1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Permanent code won’t clear after replacing hybrid battery

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by OmaramO, Mar 4, 2020.

1. OmaramO

OmaramO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have a Prius C that I bought with a failed hybrid battery. I replaced the battery and have driven hundreds of miles but I can’t get the permanent P0A80 code to clear! I have techstream and when I scan it there are no current or even pending codes only a permanent P0A80 code. Is there a certain driving procedure to clear it?
    Any help is appreciated! Really need to get this code cleared so I can smog the car!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My friend had that problem on a Hybrid Tahoe... He did the old school routine of disconnecting the 12v battery terminal and connecting the positive & negative terminal together to clear the code.

You can also try clearing it with a different tool, like the OBD2 readers they use at auto parts stores... Or get an OBD2 bluetooth reader: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus and use Dr. Prius app.

If you finally get it cleared, please report back about how you were able to do it... This is a problem that's come up here on occasion and we've yet to figure out a definitive fix for it.

Catherine Kourouklis likes this.