1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

permanently removing rear seats

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by workingdogs, Jun 22, 2014.

1. workingdogs

workingdogs New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I want to create more cargo space by permanently removing the rear seats of my 2014 Prius V. The Toyota mechanic advised me against this saying that due to the high voltage wires and battery placement, this would not be safe. This did not make much sense to me. I have heard of others removing the seats, but want to be sure that this won't cause problems down the line. Anyone want to chime in on this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hard to believe removing the seat would cause a hazard. i guess i would pull it out and have a good look around. don't expect anyone at toyota to recommend any type of modification, that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Well the question is whether or not there are any high voltage cables passing under the carpet. You'd have to pull it up and look.

4. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I posted these about 2 years ago and back area still working great. Even had it in for a recall and warranty work ( plastic on hatch door) no problem!

DadofHedgehog likes this.
  5. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    OK so how many Golden Retrievers can it fit now at full cram?

tanasit likes this.