1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pest entry-point behind pedals/around steering column?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Coozer, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Coozer

Coozer New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Today I had a chipmunk stowaway in my car during my grocery trip. Luckily the car was in park when it emerged from under the passenger seat and ran to try and hide down behind the glove compartment. I hopped out of the car and popped the hood on impulse, leaving the driver's door open as well. I watched it hop over to the driver's floor mat, and instead of scurrying out the door, it ran down/behind (?) the steering column. The next second I saw it sitting toward the front of the fuse box before it ran off. It did NOT climb on the exterior of the car to get there. So...how did it move between the car interior and engine compartment?

Tonight I've pored over these forums and read all the "mouse-proofing" threads about known cabin entry points--all news to me, yikes--but I've not been able to figure out what passage it would have used at the foot of the driver's seat or around the steering column. If indirect, is it one of those well-known entry points that posters here recommend sealing with 1/4" galvanized mesh or something else?