1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Petition Against Online Information Brokers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Hopopotamus, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hopopotamus

Hopopotamus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Other day I tried to remove my personal information from some sites like spokeo, pipl, white pages.... Needless to say my attempt was unsuccessful. I found out that only 2 sites will allow you to block your profile by calling and answering simple question or two or doing it directly on the website. Most data brokers have this ridicules rules where they are asking to send the letter by mail or fax along with valid photo ID ?!?!
    All of them are hiding information on how to do it and where to send the request or use affiliates to hide information providers making it almost impossible for people who are not internet savvy to block the profile. Bottom line there is no easy way of protecting your privacy.
    So I started the petition on change.org to try to influence this companies to be more honest. I'm sure I'm not the only person that had this experience so if you think I have valid point please sing my petition.

Petition | Online Information Brokers: Simplify pesonal info. remuval form the websites | Change.org