1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Petition for Prius C3 & 4 ipod skipping?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by megaoptimus, Feb 18, 2013.

1. megaoptimus

megaoptimus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The issue: Ipods don't work reliably; they skip or skip to the next song. It seems the data communication between the ipod and the head unit stops for a second or two then picks up where it stopped. At times it will skip to the next song entirely.

So, I think it's fair to say the head unit in the prius C doesn't get along well with any of the ipods. I've seen posts from some folks willing to tolerate the issue or they have gone around it by using a USB stick. One person convinced the dealer to replace the head unit but I have not seen a report on the results. Others have tried different ipods and cables using known good cables and devices that work fine under all other circumstances.

I'm tempted to go with the usb stick solution and leave it in the car permanently. Still, that doesn't absolve Toyota of the responsibility of recognizing the issue and offering a solution.

Is this enough of an issue to create a petition and try to get a response from Toyota? What would they even be willing to do about it short of offering to replace the head unit? Does this happen in any other of the prius models?

2. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe the petition should go to Apple. I do not see why it is Toyota's problem. It seems to work well enough with other phones.