1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PETITION! - WHY no available moonroof with Advanced Tech package? LISTEN UP TOYOTA!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mbucklein, May 14, 2009.

1. jbumps wvu mntrs

jbumps wvu mntrs PC Superfan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Thanks for the help! My contact at the dealership that claimed not to be able to get the III with the SR option just happened to be the internet sales manager... sounds like I'm SOL in terms of a III. Thanks again though for your insight. Should have known to just come to PC in the first place and I'd end up knowing more than the dealer.

2. Crazyhorse6901

Crazyhorse6901 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I would have spent the extra cash on a Prius V with the ADV TECH if a Moonroof was possible :rockon: ...However the weight factor on the Solar Moonroof -VS- the loss of MPG played a factor in Toyota's decision along with the added cost - I suspect they believed not too many people would order a Prius if it had a price tag around $35K or higher. F.Y.I - I informed my Stealership since it wasn't at all possible to obtain a Prius V with the ADV TECH I would only be interested in a Prius IV with the Solar Moonroof, I truelly feel the Moonroof does the car justice:peace: However the solar feature is not that advanced in TECH since it doesn't have the ability to add charge to the battery or anything else for that matter, too bad!!!:mad: I would only think Toyota may consider such changes as they move forward...

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    As mentioned on the Obscure Facts thread, Doug mentioned that we almost didn't get Leather either due to the same weight concerns.

4. Edward Walsh

Edward Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi:

If you lived in Canada you could get the Advanced Package with the Solar Panel! However, it doesn't come with the 17" wheels or fog lights. It is also the most expensive in our five choices of 2010's. Would have loved to go that route as it is also the only one to have the NAV included - something that I would have liked to have.

Oh well, there is always 2011. Maybe they will offer AT and Solar Panel in the V. And if not there is always 2012!! :)

Edward
    Marystown, Newfoundland
    Canada

5. prius family

prius family New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello to you all,

I'm new here. I bought a HCH in '08. Love the car. When it was time for my husband to buy a car this year, he bought a prius III, and I love that car even more! IMO, Toyota has surpassed Honda in design with the generation III. We have a CFC sitting in the driveway, so I plan to sell my HCH and trade the clunker in for a new prius. We will be the "prius family" in the neighborhood.

I would like to purchase a prius III, but with the SR package. Have done some research. The model is not available in PA, so I either must wait an undetermined amount of time or travel to purchase one. Interestingly enough, you can build a prius III with the solar roof option in MA, but not in NY, NJ, PA, or MD. Toyota, seems like the mid-atlantic states would use/appreciate a solar roof as much as those from MA or even Maine!

So here I sit . . . waiting.

Thank you all for your contributions. I'll keep you updated on what I find. If anyone has information on how/when/where I can get my 2010 silver or blizzard pearl prius III with SR, please send me a message.

6. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello, and :welcome: You may be able to build one on the internet in MA, but good luck getting it here. I went to MD for mine. I think the sunny (ier) states are getting the sunroofs - the northeast is not. My advice is to look south.

Good Luck!!

2 people like this.
  7. Maineiac

Maineiac Monkey Wrencher

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Shortly after having been told we'd have a 6-8 month wait for a white IV w/SR, we were told last week that one with our name on it is due here in central MAINE in four weeks. Don't give up!

8. prius family

prius family New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    MaggieMay,

Thank you for the reply and congrats on your new purchase. :)

Could I ask a question since you own the solar roof? How well does the sun shine through, if at all, when the roof is not open? There isn't a sliding (inside) panel like in other cars with moon roofs, is there?

prius family

9. Arnold

Arnold +AT+SR

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And here in the Netherlands I will have mine next month with the Advanced Package and the Solar Panel, but with 15" wheels. It will have fog lights and leather, actually everything available, as well ! Weight: 2965 lbs (1345 kg).
    The thing which surprised me most was that I got much more back for my old Prius from March 2004, 90.000 miles, on trade-in than I had expected.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure that's the weight of the base model. Our base model in Canada weighs in at 1,380kg. (up from 1,330kg). I suspect a tech package Prius is closer to 1,450kg. (or 1,420kg in your country)

hello and welcome to PriusChat from the we(s)t coast.

1 person likes this.