1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PHEV vs. EV

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by plugmein2, Aug 2, 2009.

1. NWPriusPlus

NWPriusPlus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the solar info and links. Yesterday we visited a Prius-owning friend here who has just installed a 6kw system. As he explained the benefits he hopes to get from his solar panels, I was showing him our BMS+ PHEV conversion with the 150 mpg (gasoline cost equivalent) that we can get locally.

We will be looking at your links and Oregon solar sites to see if we can make it work here. I especially like the DIY part.

NW BMS+ Driver

1 person likes this.
  2. eMileage

eMileage Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info and links. Some of those prices are amazing! In Ontario I paid ~$30K for my 3KW (2.8KW inverter) system with only a PST rebate. Luckily I was able to take part in a Zero Interest Loan Pilot program! (PowerHouse)
    Good luck with the house sale. Geothermal is definitely the way to go. It can be as much as 3-5 times more efficient than oil/gas heat and traditional air conditioning! I have completely shut off natural supply to avoid paying the monthly "customer fee". :cool: (I'll have to eventually convert the BBQ to propane.)

1 person likes this.