1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phillips' LED's Do it again: 94 Lumens per Watt !!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by hill, Nov 25, 2012.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Two years ago - Phillops rocked the world with their LED lighting improvements see thread here:

Philips' new LED light bulbs are brighter, more efficient, not cheap | Page 3 | PriusChat

Now they've done it again - and there's been a winning of a boat load of prize money for their efforts.

(I've already found 'em for a whole lot less on Amazon)

http://www.molalla.net/members/leeper/L%20prize%20bulb.htm

MAN ... if this keeps up - the grid may not fail for a few more years (although we just had a couple hours of power failure yesterday)

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This looks very good.
    The problem with current 60-watt equiv Philips bulb is too dim when you want 75-watt equiv.
    The problem with current 75-watt equiv Philips bulb is too expensive and size of bulb is too tall so it sits taller in a lamp and that makes a lighting difference compared to a standard 75-watt bulb.
    So the new Philips bulb design gives more lumens but still in the standard bulb size. I get it!

Just got $24 refund check back from Philips for my failed 60-watt equiv. bulb
    Are we saying implications here: maybe hold off on buying too many of the current Gen1, may be a Gen2 coming?
    Also Gen1 price may drop if there is competing Gen2.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Now if they'd just make then in a 9005 and H11 format...