1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phoenix Meet

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by pingman, Aug 27, 2007.

1. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There are a few choices if the group wants to meet at In-N-Out:

This one would be closest for me:
    7467 E. Frank Lloyd Wright
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85257
    (Near FLW & Scottsdale Rd)

Others that wouldn't be too far:

12413 N. Tatum Blvd.
    Paradise Valley, Arizona 85032
    (near Tatum & Bell)

21001 N. Tatum Blvd.
    Phoenix, Arizona 85050
    (Tatum N of the 101)

Tempe, Arizona
    920 E. Playa Del Norte
    Tempe, Arizona 85281
    (near Scottsdale Rd S of 202) Close to ASU - probably very busy with college kids

Of course there are a lot of places in the Pavillions:
    5 & Diner and Arbys are two I know of.

The Pavillions typically has a car gathering on Saturday evenings but is mostly BMW's and sports cars.

My vote would be for a Friday 5-6pm at In-N-Out on FLW & Scottsdale, but not knowing where everyone else is driving from, I don't know if that is a good time and location for the rest.

2. pingman

pingman New Member

Ill meet at Frank Lloyd Wright IN N OUT thats where we had our first meet up. Even this friday would work just to meet someone new,im on 59th ave 101 and my kids are at cave creek and 101 so its close for me :D :D

3. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Pingman,

It looks like this Friday probably won't work for me. I have to go to Wisconsin on business and won't be back until Friday evening. Then next week is Thanksgiving, so maybe Friday Nov 30th would work? Given the advanced notice maybe we could get some of the others to join in as well...

:)

4. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I live at 183rd ave & Greenway and work @ about 35th & Thomas so a Scottsdale location isn't super convenient for me. I'd be willing to make it there for one of our meets tho.

This Friday Stephen Lynch is in town, so I'll probably be heading to Tempe to see him after work so I can't make this week.

5. pingman

pingman New Member

6. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The 30th sounds good. Hopefully I won't have any last minute business trips that interfere with the meet. I had some time on my hands so took the liberty of modifying the original flyer. See what you think and use it at will:

[attachmentid=12464]

:) :)

Attached Files:

7. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sparkyAZ @ Nov 13 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]539289[/snapback]</div>
    I like the new flyer. I should be good for the 30th. I am starting a new job next week and will no longer be commuting to Tempe but staying on the North side of town. Even in my beautiful Prius using the HOV lanes I hated that commute.

On the plus side, I'm now averaging 52.2 MPG!

8. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We'll try to make that one. DH works up there, I just have to drive up there

9. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll be there.

10. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry to say it, but I think I will have to bail on this meet after all... My wife injured herself :blink: (sprained ankle: not serious, but partially hobbled right now) and I have 1 kid down with the "plague" so far :wacko: and am expecting more casualties very soon.

The weather is also looking a little questionable (that alone wouldn't stop me, but the "combo" of sick kids and an injured wife = I would be in the doghouse for a while if I wasn't home tending to my brood! Family 1st: always.

I was really looking forward to meeting more Prius owners and hope we can get a good turnout for our next meet. :D