1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone contact book does not synchronize entirely with nav system

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Pierre Miranda, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Pierre Miranda

Pierre Miranda New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    My Samsung Galaxy S3 does synchronize with the nav system, but only partially (139 contacts).
    Is there a way to indicate which contacts should be synchronized?

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is it stopping somewhere alphabetically? Do any of your contacts have special symbols? Just tossing out some ideas. Also make sure you software on the phone is up to date. Some Android releases have issues with PBAP transfers of contacts.

3. Pierre Miranda

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    No relation with alphabetical order, I'm afraid. Simply many contacts are missing, and some are incomplete, i.e. the name is cut. Some of my contacts may have accents (é, è), but no special symbols other than that.
    I reloaded the adress book several times, but to no avail. My phone has the latest OS and the car is brand new! :-(

4. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hmm, it's interesting that the name is cut off in some cases. The car should be just displaying what is the phone, so it's still possible that the phone is sending some sort of bad data or formatting in the vCards it provides. Hopefully another S3 owner can chime in.

5. Pierre Miranda

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    I checked and tried to find some common point between non-synchronized contacts. It may be related to the amount of data, i.e. contacts with lots of data (adress, website, several emails, etc) seem to be the ones that didn't make it through.

6. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  7. Tom_consulting

Tom_consulting Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    New 2013 Prius v - 5
    All phone book has transfered via blue tooth OK - Then I transfer some phone entries to "Stored". Can see it fine if I look at stored contacts. When I go to Map, can't see the stored entries! Try to navigate to a phone contact and get that nasty - Can't navigate to this address message....sounds like a bug from what I'm reading here. Will let my dealer know.

8. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does your contact contains address info?
    if you do how are you entering the address on your phone?
    I owned a blackberry 9700 and on that phone it at times work as the phone will push all the state and zip info to the street field. I gather when the VCard get transferred over the information is incorrect causing issue