1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone keeps dropping bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jkash, Dec 21, 2017.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the last two week, I have started having a problem with my 2004 Prius and connecting phone calls. Bluetooth works and the phone connects. When I try to place a call from the car's audio system, it can't go through. If I initiate the call from my phone, it connects to the bluetooth perfectly and I can make the call. If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution, I would like to hear about it.

Thank you.

jrsweet likes this.
  2. jrsweet

jrsweet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having this problem too. Started after I got an iPhone 8 in September 2017. I've had several previous iPhones and they've all worked fine with my 2005 Prius.

My phone will always connect upon startup but calls initiated from the car will not work. Calls initiated from the phone will go through and then the car will sometimes connect and route the call through the speakers. I've tried unpairing and repairing the phone, which worked fine, but the issue didn't go away.

3. Imalan

Imalan New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    I have a nasty new prob with my 2006 Prius. I happily paired my Iphone5 and it worked seamlessly. Ive now treated myself to an IP8+ but it doesn't see the car as a Bluetooth option so cant pair. My research says this is becoz latest IPhone software update 11.3 uses BT version 5 and the Prius uses BT vs4. Anyone got a work round. If not, lots of older cars wont be able to be used with new phones.
    PS other makes of cars are having the same problem apparently.
    One suggested solution is to use a bluetooth transmitter fitted into the cigarette lighter.....anyone have experience with this and which make are you using?
    Thanks

#3 Imalan, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018