1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone Mount - 2018 Prius Prime and Prius 2020

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Bonobo.P., May 12, 2020.

1. Bonobo.P.

Bonobo.P. Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    After trying different ideas mounting the cell phone I came up with this simple and clean clip mount that works quite great for me so far. I'm still on the development phase and I would like to have a pulse from you guys. I hope you guys like it.

02.jpg I'm using a custom clip and a magnetic adjustable mount. Eventually, I will make this on a black finish once goes into production.

03.jpg

01.jpg
    04.jpg
    And works as a desk stand holder too.

2. bevhoward

bevhoward Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Nice dash attachment design.

However, I have to respond that, for me, it is a non starter because of the fact that it blocks the console screen... even more that your pics indicate when the view is from the driver's normal viewpoint.

PriusPhoneMt.jpg

The prius dash texture doesn't even support suction cup mounting, so, I closed my eyes and used double stick foam to get it where the photo shows it. Even in that position, it still blocks some of the icons on the car (top) display and completely blocks a large part of the top screen for anyone in the passenger seat.

It looks to me like it might be possible to revise your hook so that it's stable with the bottom edge of the phone above the top edge of the display. That I would purchase.

Thanks for the images,
    Beverly Howard

Shaunius and Bonobo.P. like this.
  3. Bonobo.P.

Bonobo.P. Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the feedback buddy!

I like your set up too.. I'm not a big fan of having the phone obstructing the view while driving but its a nice setup there.
    I know using the clip blocks some of the views to the top of the screen, but most of the functions like radio and climate are handle at the bottom at the screen. I've been using the clip for about a week so far and I kinda like it. Slides across the top screen console, easy to clip on, and easy to remove.

Shaunius likes this.