1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone mount suction does not stick to dash

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by teddy2655, Jul 22, 2019.

1. teddy2655

teddy2655 New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have been having issue with my phone mount suction kept falling off while driving. Here is the list of what I have tried so far:
    1. clean the dash well before stick on the suction. I placed it on the left side of the dash. Stay on for a couple days.
    2. i moved to the middle dash where the plastic panel is but no help. It still falls off.
    3. i bought the disc to have the suction cup sit on but the dash has a slippery texture and the disc glue can not stay on.
    4. on a hot day, i placed the suction cup onto the windshield glass. It felt like it will stay on but over night, it came off.

I ran out of ideas. please help.

2. eskudo12791

eskudo12791 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Not sure what type youre using, but this is what I use. Big thing is surface prep, clean the area where you will be sticking the adhesive with something like rubbing alcohol. This will remove any body oils or detailing products. Mine has lasted super long, until I left my phone on the mount on a day when it was 115 out.

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This is an easy one.

IF.....the suction cup won't stick to GLASS, the the cup itself is damaged or defective.
    Yes, they do go "bad" after a few years of being left in the heat.

BUT......you should not expect to get a suction cup that will stick to a modern day dashboard.
    They just aren't smooth enough.