1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone Speaker Static

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lue, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Lue

Lue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I just purchased a 2021 Prius Prime and I’ve noticed some really bad static coming from the speaker that is solely used for phone calls.

it comes and goes but it’s really annoying. Anyone ever experienced this? I made an appointment to the dealership already (as it’s 3 days old) to check it out, but just wondering.

might be the speaker though as it sounds crazy low also. If you’re driving on the highway I highly doubt I’ll hear the other person, and it’s full volume.

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried another phone with it? What sort of phone? And are you using AppleAuto/AndroidAuto?

Does a CD play nicely?

3. Lue

Lue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    -iPhone 11 Pro
    -just on the basic Bluetooth connection not even connected to apple CarPlay (I like the radio)
    -there’s no CD slot, it’s a 21’ Prime

It’s only on the phone speaker, the radio and my Bluetooth music sounds fine. Wish I knew how to post a video on here so you can hear it. It sound like a hissing sound. But it’s only on a phone car so I know it’s the designated phone speaker.