1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Physics Professor says WTC collapse caused by thermite

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Apr 11, 2006.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kirbinster @ Apr 11 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]238295[/snapback]</div>
    That is a good point, regarding KE due to the different mass of a 707 vs 767: rated gross of 336,000 lbs in a 707 vs 412,000 lbs for a 767-300ER.

Proportionally, the B25 hitting the Empire State is similar to a 707 hitting the WTC 1-2. Empire State is a much smaller building, more than likely the greater mass / speed - KE - from a 767 would shear the building right in half.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kirbinster @ Apr 11 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]238295[/snapback]</div>
    I missed that one. Although I hinted at shoddy workmanship, I didn't count on deliberate falsification of records or deliberate construction errors. I agree that would also be a major contributing factor. More than likely, the companies and officials involved with building the WTC site are long gone.

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 11 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]238177[/snapback]</div>
    Any opinion about the 5 Israelis who filmed the incident and openly celebrated the 9/11 attack?

http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/2001/0.../story23625.asp

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/09/WTC.html

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 11 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]238173[/snapback]</div>
    So, how does this fit into your thermite conspiracy? The Larry Silverstein comment (if it really occurred, since you never know on the internet and since websites cite other websites who cite other websites as fact) implies that WTC7 was purposefully and professionally demolished. The BYU professer is implying that all of the buildings were brought down covertly using thermite and sulfur.

So, if you are going to link the two things together and imply that Larry Silverstein was involved in the conspiracy to bring down the WTC buildings using thermite and sulfur, then you have to answer one important question... Why did Larry Silverstein announce the fact on PBS?

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Apr 12 2006, 02:06 AM) [snapback]238452[/snapback]</div>
    Opinion?

Ok... Justice SERVED!

"When they finally let my son make a phone call for the first time to a friend in the United States two days ago, he told him that he had been tortured by the FBI in a basement," the mother said. "He was stripped to his underwear; he was blindfolded and questioned for 14 hours.

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 12 2006, 09:12 AM) [snapback]238507[/snapback]</div>
    Zacarias Moussaoui is going to get the death penalty.

These five israelis apparently knew about the attack, videotaped it, had box cutters, and celebrated it like a plan well done. There is no new stories about them except those 3 years ago. We don't know what punishment happened if any. Is that really justice served?

6. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Apr 12 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]238515[/snapback]</div>
    I did not know about the box cutters, and prior knowledge of the attack. If that's the case: OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

7. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Apr 12 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]238515[/snapback]</div>
    More like justice swerved.

I would just ask everyone - isn't it interesting that all these questions about the lack of air defense, the sudden collapse of WTC, the five videotaping Israelis, the Project for a New American Century's insistence that a "New Pearl Harbor" was essential to further the US military goals of "full spectrum dominance" etc, etc - interesting that all these real questions are not even mentioned on CNN, Fox, NBC or CBS.

8. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 12 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]238519[/snapback]</div>
    Could it be that maybe, just maybe, they found no basis for it?

9. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You guys are unreal. Of course they had box cutters. They worked for a friggin moving company. Why do you think box cutters are called box cutters? Because they are used to open boxes, such as those used by moving companies. Shoot, I was driving to work in Oregon with a box cutter in my explorer when the towers were hit. Maybe I was in on it too.

While all of the reports posted and those I've seen in the past state they were video taping the WTC towers, none of them clearly state when they began filming. Lots and lots of people took pictures and videos of the burning towers, and they burned for over an hour before they collapsed. Additionally, the second plane hit 15 minutes after the first plane. Plenty of time to get out of a truck and start filming.

As for the celebrating, well they were/are idiots.

You guys are truly nuts.

You should go and tally up all the conspiracy theories that you guys have presented as truth at some point or another. When you do that, you find that they all contradict each other. Even if one of them is true, the others must be false. But I'm sure you will believe them all to be true anyway.

Let's see... You've got the "It wasn't a plane, but a cruise missle that hit the Pentagon" conspiracy theory, so it must have been the Bush government that did 9/11. Along with that, you have the "it must have been thermite that took down the towers" along with the "the planes were just to make it look like a terrorist act". So again, it must be the Bush government that did it, but if they used planes on the WTC to make it look like terrorists, then why didn't they use a plane on the Pentagon? Then you have the Larry Silverstein, who owned WTC7 and had the lease on the towers made the call to demolish the buildings. So if the Bush government was behind all this, why the frick would they involve Larry Silverstein and why would he admit it on PBS? Now you've got the 5 israeli movers on the other side of the river who were somehow in on it because they had box cutters and pulled out a video camera.

10. jared2

jared2 New Member

Or maybe, just maybe they have no interest in asking the hard questions but would rather be cheerleaders for the government/corporate line.

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 12 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]238536[/snapback]</div>
    Fair enough, I will cede that that IS a possibility.

12. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Fair enough, I will cede that that IS a possibility"

Progress, at last!

13. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 12 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]238542[/snapback]</div>
    Look, no one ever said it wasn't, I still think it is so highly unlikely, that I have made the assumption it is NOT what actually happened.

14. jared2

jared2 New Member

Fair enough. But after spending about 4 years reading numerous books, articles, websites and looking at the vast amount of material on hand with the 911 truth movement, I have come to the conclusion that there is only a very small chance that there wasn't a government sponsored conspiracy. At least you are somewhat open to the possibility. I would just recommend that you do some more research on it - I am not urging anyone to any conclusions, just asking the hard questions that should be debated in the mainstream media.

15. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 12 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]238551[/snapback]</div>
    OMG this is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard. While I agree almost all politicians are sleazes and may take bribes and bend the law to line their pockets I will in no way be willing to accept that there are enough of them that would collude to murder this many people. You really need to think about what you are saying.

16. jared2

jared2 New Member

"OMG this is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard."

I do not respond (except very briefly) to insults. Do your research, look at the evidence, don't resort to insults. Do you have a large body of evidence to back your "opinion"? I actually do.

17. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 12 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]238578[/snapback]</div>

No one insulted you, just your comments - maybe you do need to be insulted though. Do you actually believe that the congress or the executive branch would murder thousands of citizens. Do you really think they are the same as Hitler or Saddam? Get real! You can do as much research as you want, especially if you do it on the internet, and will find something to support your radical left wing agenda. But give reality a chance and think this out. With so many loose lips trying to get the next book deal in DC do you really think something like this could happen or if it did would stay secret for more than about 90 minutes?

18. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 12 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]238529[/snapback]</div>
    People have been held in Gitmo for years for less. Not curious why there's not media play on these five?

19. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Apr 12 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]238630[/snapback]</div>
    No. Not at all.

20. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I believe the conspiracy theory that the damage was caused by termites, not thermite... :ph34r: