1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pick Up Prime, but So-So experience with dealer

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Bluebells2, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bluebells2

Bluebells2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thank you for
    your helpful advice!

Although I am keeping the Prime....I bought the tire maintenance package from that dealership and I also bought a donut spare. I think I need to make sure that I keep my daughter safe....I don't want her or myself to break down beside the road in this car.

I just have to let the experience go.....and hope for better in the future.

2. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly, I have one Autel device too, but it does not work during drive.
    To be precise, also with the Tyre Assistant app for safety reasons the TPMS readings are inhibited with the car in movement. IMO this is not a big deal, because when you've got a TPMS warning on the dashboard you are expected to stop the car as soon as practical to investigate about the issue.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My 16 prius came with toyo tires, had a round stone puncture in the middle of the tread in the first week, switched to michlin defenders.
    My 17 prius came with bridgestone tires, made it tru the first summer and just remounted the summer wheels with the bridgestne tires, I will put on defenders sometim during the summer when the bridgestones wear a bit more, unless I get a flat.

I would get my money back from the dealer for the add on tire care, they already failed you for the service, also, learn where the jack is and make sure you have an adaquate lug wrench, changing over to the donut will be great if you have the tools.

4. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  5. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Several things jump out--
    Bluebell, you need to get familiar with your owner's manual. It describes the tire inflation system & jack and the lack of a spare tire. You need to real the so-called extended warranty Toyota Vehicle Service Agreement you bought. I'm not trying to beat up on you, I'm just saying that everyone needs to know what they can ask for and what they need to know in advance. All roadside assistance towing programs have the problem that they're low bid. If the tow truck company has a full price paying customer, they get first service. Roadside assistance programs come later. If you have emergency towing on your car insurance (or you pay the tow truck), they would have towed you to any tire shop to get that tire patched. The Toyota program will only tow you to a Toyota dealership, and you told us how that can turn out.

"Is this the norm with this Prius Prime?" This has nothing to do with a Prime, except the lack of a spare. It is all about the shabby service from the dealership.

Added spare tire--be sure it is securely lashed down so it does not become an unguided missile if someone crashes into you.

Tow dollies--the car needs to be lifted by the tow truck to get on the dollies, and in this case the tow truck could not get to the car in the original spot.

Repaired tire--Bluebell, if I was in your situation, I'd go to a good tire store and pay for the tire to be internally inspected. We know that this dealership cannot be trusted. If in fact the tire did have internal damage and was merely patched, you need to know this and get a replacement tire very soon. Pick a tire store that handles Toyo tires so they can order one for you if needed. I know, the dealership is responsible, but nothing matters more than your safety. I'm OK with a good tire with a patched puncture in the central tread area, but you do not know what you have.

If you have more to discuss with the dealership, don't bother with the salesman nor the service writer. They have little to no authority to solve problems. Work with the service manager and, if needed, escalate to the general manager. Know what you want and, as always, be firm and business-courteous

Bluebells2 likes this.
  6. Bluebells2

Bluebells2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  7. Nallambal

Nallambal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Man, that is the worst experience anyone could have with a new car purchase. I wish I can purchase cars online just like we do most othet items. I dislike car dealers and hate the negotiation with nickel and dime folks.

8. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You can purchase cars online now, just say NO when they ask you to stop by their dealership by telling them stories like you are travelling out of state right now and you need the new car the minute you come back to the state. Negotiate with 4 or 5 dealerships at the same time and push them to give you their lowest price.

9. Bluebells2

Bluebells2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Oh the experience with this dealership just keeps getting better and better. Even though I bought the tire maintenance agreement they did not file it with Toyota financial . I read a review on yelp that said people had a lot of trouble with the paperwork that the dealership did so I called Toyota Financial to check and it hadn’t been filed. I called the financial people eight times and phone just rings and rings and I called my sales person and he told me he will call me back after he figured out what happened . He didn’t call me back I called him and he told me the financial manager would get to it in a few days . I called Toyota Financial And spoke to a service manager and faxed her copies of my forms my receipt for payment and the contract that I signed and she’s going to try to deal with the dealership to get them to enter the information in to the system. And spoke to a service manager and faxed her copies of my forms my receipt for payment and the contract that I signed and she’s going to try to deal with the dealership to get them to enter the information in to the system If they don’t enter the information and she will and charge them . I’m sure that they will be furious again with me . Despite the fact they are only 1 mile from my house I will be driving away somewhere else to service this vehicle .

10. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If they do this all the time I can't believe they will be a Toyota dealer much longer anyway.

11. Bluebells2

Bluebells2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    They have one star on yelp...I wish I had seen that before I bought the car. Now I need my tags....so I can get free of them.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if they cancelled all the dealers i have had problems with, there wouldn't be any left within 50 miles of me.:oops:

pilotgrrl likes this.
  13. Blue-Adept

Blue-Adept Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What about this? I have used it to patch a few tires.

Tubeless Tire Repair Kit 9 Pc

Tubeless Tire Repair Kit 9 Pc

Quickly and easily fix a puncture and get back on the road with this 9 piece tubeless tire repair kit. The kit contains everything you need, including plugs, rubber cement, hook tool, reamer and a folding razor knife.
    • Works with most tubeless tires
    • Kit includes plugs, cement, hook, reamer and knife

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    instead of the tire maintenance agreement?(n)

15. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Wow this dealership is a piece of work! Unfortunately this practice of number padding happens all the time with questionable dealers. They 'sell' you the service and keep the money at the dealership rather then file the paperwork, then if it's ever asked about it was a clerical error. Probably works out for them most of the time and in the rare instances someone needs to use the protection they try to handle it in house as to not raise a red flag. Good for you for following up with Toyota Financial on this, we can only hope it may trigger an audit to see what else is being kept off the books.

DARCARS in Silver Springs, MD is the dealer we are talking about I believe in case anyone wants to know who to avoid. They have 4 Toyota dealerships in Maryland.

pilotgrrl likes this.
  16. Bluebells2

Bluebells2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I was told by salesman yesterday that he talked to accounting and my paperwork was at DMV....but wait....finance dials in at the same time and says I have to come in to sign more forms as they were never signed. I asked him to clarify with the sales man what the status was since they were both giving me a separate stories. Finance guy told me he didn’t care what the other person was telling me if I didn’t show up to sign the forms then there would be no DMV tags . I get there to sign the forms and he hands me for new forms and tells me I never signed them when I bought the car to which I pulled out pictures of every form that I signed as I to had taken pictures of them and showed him that I had signed them . To which he again told me if I didn’t sign them I wasn’t going to get the car tags . Never admitting that the dealership and lost the paperwork . If I did not start nagging the dealership I would never have known and they would never followed up about my tags . In the end they gave me metal tags which they could’ve done in the first place instead of trying to submit the paperwork to DMV which is annoying everybody be aware that you can’t get metal tags from this dealership and a title .