1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

picked it up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Gnarly, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Gnarly

Gnarly Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    woohoo! I just picked up my 1st hybrid and I'm so excited. 2011 w/ 60k miles. pretty good deal. woohoo! guy that owns the dealer said that the 1st to go are the brakes and the tires. Looks like I might pay off the car before that happens. HAHAHAH! I'm so stoked!
    It doesn't have the nav though. My question now is, if I change the headunit to an aftermarket double DIN or just a headunit with Nav. How much will the car's battery be hit? Will it change anything in that mechanically.?

bisco likes this.
  2. spiff72

spiff72 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Check out the "audio and electronics" section of this forum. Many people have replaced the head units in their Prius (including me). I haven't noticed any changes since the install.

Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics | PriusChat

Gnarly likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats man! changing head units won't affect the battery, unless you're going with a big amplifier. you're fortunate not to have the stock gps. all the best!(y)

Gnarly and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ?? The brakes should last longer before incurring significant repair costs than those of a non-hybrid, if they're maintained and if you drive sensibly.

Gnarly likes this.