1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up a 2015 Two

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2015Prius2, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Coach

Coach New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought my first Prius 2 November 18th. First tank was 47.8 MPG. Before that I was driving a 1995 GMC Safari van that got around 15 MPG so the change is fantastic. I too took advantage of the $3,000 Toyota Cash Back program. My dealer threw out a loss-leader by taking off another $4,000 off. I thought $7,000 of sticker was good enough to make the purchase. As I said It's my first Prius so time will tell if I made the correct decision.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no need to wait, you made the right purchase.(y)

3. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG] this is when I appreciate me Prius more and not regret getting rid of my Audi A6.

iPhone ?

LA traffic at its finest [​IMG]

iPhone ?

4. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yup, my average speed is 12 mph as a result of California traffic.

iPhone ?

5. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know, its so weird to see your gas mileage go up when you are in bumper to bumper traffic! I used to hate it. Now, I don't worry about wasting gas, as I use up more going the speed limit on the freeway.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    We too bought a Gen III Blizzard Pearl at the end of November. We've had a Gen II since Feb 2008, and we're keeping that one too. We didn't intend to buy a new car that day, but they were offering the base model for $19K and we just couldn't pass it by. I have been following the Gen IV and became less and less interested in the Gen IV with changes Toyota made that added up to make us start to look elsewhere for our new car.

Some observations:
    - We didn't get to experience the excitement and anticipation of buying a new car. We left the house thinking of Subaru, Rav4, CR-V, and just wanted to check them out. It was a Sunday and we had nothing else to do. A few hours later we drove away in the Gen III.

- Buying a Gen III after owning a Gen II for seven years plus was anti-climatic. There are so many things that feel natural, and good, to us having owned a Prius already. The improvements aren't enough to overcome that "sameness"

- I know there were tons of complaints about the seats in the Gen II, but I always found them to be comfortable. I find the Gen III seats to be a bit less comfortable. The lumbar area is too concave, and the head rest is a bit too far forward.

- We're averaging 47 mpg. I was hoping for 50 as the marketing material suggests. Perhaps it is winter blend.

- I like the new gauges, but I wish there was a digital instantaneous MPG in addition to the bar graph.

- I really like the regenerative breaking indicator, something I wish I had in the Gen II.

- The floor mats and rear hatch mat are lower quality than the Gen II. Perhaps this is dealer dependent rather than a standard Toyota thing.

- We lost the three door smart key of the Gen II and now only have the driver's door smart key. That was a big loss.

- We really like the Bluetooth. Our smart phoned hook up easily, and we can listen to media as well as control it from the touch screen. We've caught up with the present after being behind for years.

- Road noise isn't any better than the Gen II.

- There is a reflection off the raised portion of the dash that wasn't there in the Gen II. We may have to put a dark piece of material there to prevent that reflection on the windscreen as it is right at eye level.

- I've run into the tail lights more than once. They stick out whereas the Gen II do not.

- The ICE shuts off much quicker than the Gen II.

- I think Toyota made the right decision moving the climate controls to physical buttons, and the audio controls to the touch screen.

- The position of the shift lever is just stupid. The Gen II position made a lot more sense. I put it in D, then don't touch it again. I don't want it in a place where my arm could move it, or I might hit it while picking up or depositing a drink into a cup holder. The Gen IV is even worse as it would be so tempting for my wife to put her purse in the area behind the shift lever, which could easily move the lever.

- The steering wheel controls feel mushy to me. I prefer the solid click feel of the Gen II design.

7. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    At least you can program the sks to unlock only the drivers door or all doors and the trunk. I switched to unlock all about a month after I got my 2.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, you can program your key to unlock everything. I didn't know this till I joined this website. Lots of helpful stuff in here.

9. jdonalds

jdonalds Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    That is true and I've already done that. But the standard practice is to leave the keys in my pocket, or my wife in her purse. Just walk up to the car and touch (in our 2008 Gen II Three model) the driver's door, front passenger's door, or rear hatch, and they will unlock all of the doors. If I'm wanting to put something in the trunk that is very handy.

With the Gen III Two model we lost the front passenger door and rear hatch smart key feature. That means we either have to walk to the driver's door to unlock everything, or fish they key out of my pocket.

10. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    That's correct, but that is because you bought the base model (a mistake I also made.)

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    They should have made the one-touch-unlocks-all standard on all models. Ours is like that, the other way seems punitive.

12. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you live or work in a sketchy neighborhood, having the car set to unlock only the driver's door would be a good idea.

Red15Persona likes this.
  13. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    True. You can set it to be like that, anyway.