1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up a 2020 prius prime limited last night 29/JUN/19

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by timthecyclist25, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In my experience, it does work to at least begin the thawing process in extreme cold, making the inevitable scraping process a bit easier. Then again, if it's that bad outdoors, I have the option of working from home - I generally take advantage of that, leaving my car in an unheated garage that at least serves to protect it from the elements.

Salamander_King likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, in milder temperature down to 14F, it is a useful feature I guess. I park my car outside, and the time I really need help in defrosting the windshield is in the morning before I leave to work in winter. In those days, the temperature is usually in single digit to subzero. When I experimented with my PRIME using the remote AC function on the fob while the car is plugged-in at ambient temperature of 6F, the inside cabin temperature never raised even after repeated remote AC for up to an hour. After this results, I considered installing an aftermarket remote engine starter, but found out it does not work with the charge cable plugged in. That made the "remote" part of engine starter useless. If I had to go outside in subzero temp to unplug the car, as might as well turn on the car manually and push the defrost button to start the ICE. lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

#22 Salamander_King, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Arctic_White likes this.
  3. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This is what the remote climate looks like. Note the defrosters at the bottom. When it's running, it shows you the internal temperature in the car (more like a range of temp).

I really like it, especially in the summer, but I don't see why Toyota couldn't do both Remote Climate/ charging as well as CarPlay/ Android Auto. The stock setup is clunky at best. I still use it as a reference, but Waze is my guide.

I'm hoping there will be a way to upgrade to CarPlay or a work around will present itself. Until then I'll just be envious ;).

Screenshot_20190702-123543_Toyota Entune.jpg

#23 Tha_Ape, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Arctic_White likes this.
  4. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Also, it DOES take awhile to cool down. My car is tinted and I use a cheapo sun shade in the front. I was parked out in the sun with no shade. It was in the upper 80s yesterday and I turned it on to test it out. First 10min run got the internal temp down from ~100 to ~90. I restarted it after that and it went down a further ~5deg in 5min. Then it was time to go so I left. It burned about 5mi of range.

I could do a more scientific test, but I'm lazy.

benagi likes this.
  5. timthecyclist25

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I wish I could of trailered it back home but unfortunately that wasn't an option. I was following my wife in her Macan S and I was lucky she was going a decent speed, no way she would of gone 65mph or slower especially on I85.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the prime, I would of purchased one sooner but I went through a speed phase when I got rid of my motorcycles. I went to a 2017 bmw m240i and a 2016 Chevrolet corvette. Speed is fun but in the end to me it was about the mpg. The apple car play is awesome, I became a fan of it when I had it in my bmw m240i. Another cool app I enjoy in car play is Waze, sometimes it is better than an actual radar detector.

Arctic_White likes this.
  6. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Noice!

Very interesting seeing your Gen2 and the Prime side by side as it looks like the Gen 2 is wider and taller. A quick check reveals it indeed has a larger interior.
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 11.44.54 AM.png

7. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Don't be concerned, the ICE was loafing along at that speed.

jerrymildred likes this.
  8. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Very interesting seeing your Gen2 and the Prime side by side as it looks like the Gen 2 is wider and taller. A quick check reveals it indeed has a larger interior.
    View attachment 174266 [/QUOTE]

I'd like to know how they calculate more luggage space in the Prime than in the Gen2.

bisco likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    expanded area under the bubble glass :p

Blauer Glimmer likes this.
  10. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    New math. :LOL:

Tips, Arctic_White and Blauer Glimmer like this.
  11. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, it seems strange for Toyota to omit functionality for new models. They do still have the Toyota Safety Connect, don't they?

12. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife’s 2018 Lexus NX300h just upgraded to Apple CarPlay, but she still has Enform Remote which has remote start on her phone (as well as remote locks, remote window and lock status, oil life and status, and fuel status - but don’t get me started), so yeah at least one division in Toyota can get Apple CarPlay and Remote services. Maybe they will fix it to say Entune Remote.

Unsupervised!
    iPhone ?

13. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is "Enform" the app suite name for the Lexus? or is it just a typo???

14. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Enform is the actual app name but there are three apps. Enform Remote, Enform AppSuite and Roadside Services.

Unsupervised!
    iPhone ?

Salamander_King likes this.
  15. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the explanation. I wonder how different the Enform and Entune 3.0 are. In another thread, someone was wishing for Apple Car Play update on older PRIME's (with Entune 2.0), then it was pointed out that Car Play is compatible only with Entune 3.0. I thought Entune 3.0 is the reason the remote climate is no longer working on new PRIME.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Technically no different than “Smart Key System” is different from “SmartAccess” #becauseLexus

17. smyles

smyles Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Are all 4 windows still full auto up/down?

18. Zed Ruhlen

Zed Ruhlen Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    That might be true of a traditional transmission and engine but the engine speed is going to do what it wants in the Prius anyway. So long as you are cruising it will be spending most of the time at low RPM and then even if you baby it going up a hill will wind it out. Varying the engine speed is actually a good thing.

19. Randi

Randi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have the same car! Got 57.1 on my 150 mile ride home. I mixed it up between highway and small town streets. I Love ❤️ this car! JBL speakers are great too.

orenji likes this.
  20. Hayman66

Hayman66 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

That is what I said too! Those are my favorite option on the advanced. My husband asked if I wanted to upgrade, I was like, No Thank you! LOL