1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up my new Prius in a few days!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by labellavida, Jan 13, 2013.

1. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Run it till you hear/see the last bar beep/blink on the fuel gauge and then filler-up. At that point, you should still have 50-100 miles of fuel left.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  2. labellavida

labellavida New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you guys! As always very helpful. For some reason I can't get my Iphone4 to link to my car with entune. Anyone else having that issue? Maybe I am not doing it correctly.

I also tried the power button for the first time yesterday. LOL Boy that was an experience.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    By sport package, you mean Plus package?

4. A.Reyes

A.Reyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm pretty sure it's the sport package. I have sport underneath the hybrid emblem.

5. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I spent a good bit of time with Entune customer service over the iPhone/Entune thing the first time, ugh. You have to have the iPhone plugged into the USB port in order to make Entune work and you have to use the cell coverage (I tried in my driveway with my wireless and it won't work). With Android, Entune works via Bluetooth.
    Plug in the phone and then start the app, the radio should ask you if you want to connect to the internet.
    If you have the new Entune version, it should be all fine. I'm still waiting for the upgrade, so if I'm plugged in and stream I ❤ radio on bluetooth and then try iPhone music, the car radio gets all confused and won't play either until I reset it all.
    People have talked about all kinds of Entune issues. Hope yours works out ok;-)

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yup, that's in the manual. Internet for traffic also require iPhone to be plugged in.

7. phickson

phickson Tron Pod Occupier

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Knowing which side your gas cap in on is easy in a Prius - the gas gauge has an arrow pointing to the left (on mine anyway) - so it's foolproof.

8. phickson

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My 2012 Prius 4 Entune works over Bluetooth with my iPhone 4 - just make sure the Entune app is open on your phone first!

9. labellavida

labellavida New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you! This is a nice trick to know. Our cars have the gas gauge on differents sides and now I can look there for a quick reminder. :)

I am going to try to open the Entune App and will see if it works over bluetooth. I am was able to make it work with the USB cord.

I didn't realize you can do voice commands! I just learned this yesterday haha

10. labellavida

labellavida New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I took my vehicle in yesterday to get tinted all the way around. 5% on the back and 35% in the front. They did not tint the window under the taillight. Did you guys get that tinted or did you leave it? Thanks!!!

11. phickson

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Left it - it's a bit different color from the rest of the tint - but looks fine.

labellavida likes this.