1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

picking up new Prius on Thursday - Any tweaks I should ask the dealer to take care of ahead of time?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Peakbagr, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Peakbagr

Peakbagr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Picking up my first 2010 Prius on Thursday. Thanks to all the good advice I've read hear.

Is there anything I should be having the dealer do before I arrive, for example disabling backup beep? Any other tweaks I need to suggest ahead of time?

Thanks

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re: picking up new Prius on Thursday - Any tweaks I should ask the dealer to take care of ahead of t

If you do a search, you'll find this is a well-discussed topic.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Re: picking up new Prius on Thursday - Any tweaks I should ask the dealer to take care of ahead of t

Decide if you want to hear beeping while you are in reverse, decide if you want the head lights to automatically turn off when you open a front door after the car is off, or 30 seconds later.

4. rpeek2

rpeek2 Dry Ice Juggler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I would seriously consider "unbeeping" the reverse annoyance along with the passenger seatbelt noise.

I got the reverse beep disabled before delivery but didn't know:mad: about the passenger seat beeper so have to go back to get it taken care of.

5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Congrats! Mine is a week old. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not too happy with the front end alignment. So, besides those two tweaks, you might want to check whether it drifts when driving, and have them align it I'd necessary.

6. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Get the driver seatbelt chime off too. It does stop after 30sec but the light still flashes. They might claim that they can't do it.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Take a real good look at the car & don't take delivery unless everything is satisfactory. Have the dealer register you with Safety Connect. Ask about their policy regarding the customizable settings. Find the section in the manual if necessary. If they don't offer, ask about the Owners Party.

You may want to live with the factory settings before deciding what you want changed. I disabled the seat belt & reverse beeps & set SKS to unlock all doors.

8. kremlin

kremlin Prius is a religion, not a car

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I am a 2-week Prius owner. Beeps do not annoy me at all. Rear beep makes me alert that the shifter is still in rear. Beep for the seatbelt makes me put it on right away and not 10-20 minutes later like on my old Camry. Yes, first try everything and if you are OK -- leave them on.

9. Prius42

Prius42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Okay, I'll bite: what's an "Owners Party"? A quick forum search yielded nothing.

10. mmichaell

mmichaell Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

kill the rear beep, make it 1 beep.

11. Superdrol

Superdrol Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Walk the car and look at the surface extremely closely. For some reason dealers struggle providing a blemish free surface car.

12. Superdrol

Superdrol Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I've come to learn toyotas have perpetual bad alignments. My corolla camry and now prius have never been 100%. You and get the car realigned and it will still be a tad off.