1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up Prius Prime today

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Bluebells2, Apr 12, 2018.

1. BeachBob

BeachBob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I loved my 2004 Forester; felt safer in it than any car before or since. But I've owned two Priuses since then as well as my current Prius Prime. Absolutely no regrets. As bisco said, two different cars for two different purposes. Does it make any difference to your husband that Toyota now owns 16.5% of Subaru and the two companies reportedly are working on a car together?

pilotgrrl likes this.
  2. karthik1107

karthik1107 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ha! I didn't know that. No wonder Subaru BRZ and Toyota FRS were looking alike.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, they were co-developed. Subaru did the engine and mechanical bits and Toyota did the design.

The car uses a 2.0 litre horizontally-opposed 4 cylinder engine from Subaru with Toyota's D-4S direct injection technology.

pilotgrrl and karthik1107 like this.
  4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  5. Bluebells2

Bluebells2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Although I am keeping the Prime....I bought the tire maintenance package from that dealership and I also bought a donut spare. I think I need to make sure that I keep my daughter safe....I don't want her or myself to break down beside the road in this car.

For sure.....Hubby is buying a Subaru as our Forrester is dripping oil... No question....He says he does not know how that dealership stays in business and he has no patience for it. I just have to let the experience go.....and hope for better in the future.

bisco likes this.