1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up tonight!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AndyMartin826, Jul 13, 2006.

1. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just got the call from the dealership, my Prius is there and they are getting it all ready for me. Going to head down there in a little bit to take a look, make sure it's all I've been dreaming of, and drive that baby home. Any preferences that people have about having the dealer install tint vs. having a third-party? Anyone in the Phoenix AZ area have any recommendations for third-party? Not tremendously worried about cost for the tint as long as it's a good job, pretty much a need-to-have here in the desert.

Andy

2. harrv

harrv Member

Congratulations! You'll love your car. :)

I did a search using the keyword "tint" and found the following topic which I think addresses your question exactly (even the location, more or less).

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=21172

Edit: Oops. I just read further down in that topic and realized that he ended up having a negative experience. Well, maybe the search feature will help you find some additional recommendations.

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AZTriGuy @ Jul 13 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]285829[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats, Andy - have fun and stay cool - what color and package did you get?

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I wouldn't get the prepaid service contract. The maintenance schedule does not call for very much work to be done so for a Prius I feel it is not worth it.

5. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Jul 13 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]285867[/snapback]</div>
    Got the Silver Metallic (matches my old Corolla and our Dodge Caravan that we use as the family car) and Option package 4. Trying to familiarize myself with it all, got really crappy gas milage from the dealship home, averaged about 17mpg. I didn't reset the ODO before I left the lot, that might have been the reason maybe they did something that ran the gas engine during the first 4 miles on the car, who knows. Anyway, hard to make a real determination on the milage when it's only been driven 6 miles, right? I was getting 62mpg when I was on the highway part of the drive home, 45-55ish when I got up to speed on the side roads. I think the acceleration was what's killing it, just have to get my technique down and I'll be up there with all of you.

So far, report card is A++ (one more + when the milage comes up to par). The dealership was awesome, happy camper here. Now I just need the iPod cable when it's ready for the 2006 models.

Andy

6. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK, think I figured out why I got such crappy milage on the way home from the dealership last night. Adjusted the AC this morning, the AUTO temp was set to 64 degrees. Also noticed my battery was at 2 bars when I stopped driving last night so that must have just been killing it. Upped it to a more reasonable 75 and drove in, got 47.9mpg on the 10 mile drive into work this morning. That's more like it :)

Now I just have to decide what mods I'm going to get and start having some fun.