1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pics: Barcelona vs Salsa red comparo

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by F8L, May 23, 2007.

1. interocitor

interocitor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GoEco @ May 24 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]449259[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, I sold my 2005 Driftwood for the 2007 Barcelona Red ... but wanted even redder ... like the Toyota Trucks!

2. TNPapa

TNPapa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Wish they still made the Prius in Salsa red. Love Red cars, and wife was disappointed that option was not available.

3. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My dad's Sienna is Salsa, and it's not too bad. I was considering it for my Prius. But I was getting an '06, and when those came out in Barcelona instead, I was totally sold on it. I absolutely love the color, especially how it looks different in different lighting situations.

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for posting the comparison, F8L. I tend to agree though that the comparison doesn't do the Barcelona justice. I think it's 2 things:
    1. The "Metallic" in "Barcelona Red Metallic" doesn't come through in the photo so much, as you mentioned.
    2. Your swank rims make the Barcelona look dopey with its Playskool wheels and Lego trim rings still on.

I'm biased toward the Barcelona, partly because I own it, but also whenever I see one on the roads I think "old fogey." I'm not sure why. As said before, the Barcelona red is a pretty dynamic paint and can look dramatically different in different lighting conditions.

5. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think the Barcelona Red doesn't really get as deep a metallic look as the Salsa does--at least from a distance. I've seen a number of Barcelonas on the road on both sunny and cloudy days, and IMO it appears to be much closer to a non-metallic color. Maybe up close it's more visible, but the more present metallic shine on the Salsa makes me glad I have it.

The Salsa is actually a little darker (and more paprika-colored) than I like, and the Barcelona is a little brighter than I like. Both Ford and Chrysler have GORGEOUS candy-apple red colors that I covet! Oh well, I'd rather have a much better engineered car than one with I color I lust after!