1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pics from the Detroit Auto Show!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Kev1000000, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep. Nokian makes tyres in both sizes that are available for the Prius

Similar but instead of bb code, I copied the link (with the .jpg extension, not the .html extension). Oh well.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    on closer inspection, the plug in appears to not be a 2010. so this would be an aftermarket mod then?

3. Mikal

Mikal New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: The Wheels

The 17 inch wheel might look good, but with its low profile, and a tread wear rating of only 240, the ride will be hard, and tire wear will be excessive!

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Bear in mind tires used aren't the final tire choice. Toyota may opt to find something w/ a bit higher treadwear rating (or one would hope). Nothing could be worse than the 1st gen treadwear though.

5. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Overall I like the changes to the exterior. The interior still hasn't caught on with me yet. I'm sure the seats will be more comfortable though. Just seems like that large center console would make the interior feel smaller. I assume there's an integrated screen somewhere on the dash for the rear view camera for models without nav?

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The interior does not feel smaller.

No integrated screen somewhere on the dash. Now in order to get backup camera you have to get a high package number with nav and screen. Personally, I hate that. I don't want nav and I hate to see an important safety feature like the backup camera become much more expensive to acquire.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The seats are more comfortable. The center console gives a more cockpit-like feeling to the front seats. You really feel snuggled into the car.

As stated above, you have to get Nav to get the screen and backup camera.

Tom

8. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree with you Tom, considering that my 2008/pkg 2 Prius has the backup camera, I have to conclude that Toyota has decided that the backup camera is not so much of a safety improvement after all. I have to confess though, after more than a year of ownership, I still have not developed what I consider to be an effective inclusion of the backup camera when moving the car. At my age I depend very much on my old flying instructor's mantra: "keep your eyeballs un-caged and your head on a swivel" ... to make sure the coast is clear before moving the metal. I may finally look at the screen before moving, but it is the last part of the scan.

Thinking about it, maybe it should be the first part!

9. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the backup camera mainly because it enables the driver to see what would otherwise be in a blindspot (children, very short people or anyone who is crawling, lying down, fallen or otherwise below your rearview even if your head is turned and you're looking straight back). I'd actually like an additional screen that I could see while I'm looking straight back (e.g., embed a screen into the top part of the rear middle seat back).

10. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was shocked to see it when I pulled off the cover as well. My initial impression was that it does not look as good as the current Iconic 15" rims. I think it is because the new one is 5 spokes (split to 10) instead of the Iconic 6 spokes, that I am used to. 2010 Prius 15" rims look lighter because there are less metal. I would guess it will weight about 12-13 lbs.

It is probably not as aerodynamic so they put the cover on them which also creates a nice swirling effect. I think it looks better than the Iconic rim with the cover (ring) on.

I wonder if we can put the Iconic wheel cover (ring) on the 2010 Prius 15" rim. It may work! [Edit]: It can't possibly work because the ring is molded for 6 spokes. Duh!

Iconic 15" 6 spokes rims without cover:
    [​IMG]

2010 Prius 15" 5 spokes (split into 10) without cover:
    [​IMG]

2010 Prius 15" rim with wheel cover:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use the backup camera every time I back up, along with the mirrors and turning my head. I like being able to see the ground and rear bumper in the backup camera. You can easily pull up to within a half-inch without any trouble.

Tom