1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pics of your Gen4 right now!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by vince22, Apr 25, 2016.

1. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    What made you go back to cloth from having Softex in your Persona?

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I think the three w/ ATP package is the best deal going by a long shot!!

It is the only trim that has ATP, and a spare tire stock and comes in thousands cheaper than a four with ATP without a spare (and more if you add PCP package).

I could not justify spending 4k+ for the softex and the couple other minor options when the three w/ ATP pretty much was the same car..

That plus I can easily buy Clazio seat covers that look as good as stock softer for $400.....

$400 is better than spending 4k...

Edit: Oh and I forgot to add that my car also has the flat hatch area with no 3'' ridge like the models without a spare have, that ridge would drive me nuts when and if I were to camp in the car or if I had to load something that took up the whole hatch area with the seats down..

RCO and Coast Cruiser like this.
  3. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I hear you, but I have no use of 90% of what the ATP has to offer. To me it adds more things that can break over time which I will never use. As I was saying my Two gets a ton of compliments with the mods I put on it. I'm shocked because it's a Prius and it gets compliments! Lol

I just wish Toyota didn't force people into packages they don't need and would allow individual add ons.

Softex seats - just don't like them. Navigation - on my iPhone.
    Lane departure and parking assist - I'm not that lazy lol.

4. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Well then it would be kinda silly to upgrade one trim level to a three (Non ATP) from your current two if you don't need the Nav?? I can't understand your reasoning for wanting to get a three now and not originally? The price difference from a two to a three is not 5k like you stated, more 2k.. All you would be getting extra would be the three door Sks and the Li-Ion battery and Xm radio and the Nav that you don't want..

And FYI the Nav seems much improved over the last Gen Prius. It's actually usable now and works quite well.

Lane departure is not a "lazy feature", it could potentially save your life if you doze off..

Good luck on trading in your new car for a different one I guess.

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  5. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I highly doubt I would do it lol. Just talking about comparisons is all. I'm just saying how silly it is that Toyota would make someone bump up to a package they really don't need. What I was thinking of is since the 2017's are rolling they would deeply discount the a Three even more. That's what caught my attention.

$2k between the Two and Three models in regards to msrp plus the ATP cost of $1,900. That's a bit more than a $2k difference.

I respect the fact the you like to have a vehicle with all of the packed in features knowing that one day they could break down. I just don't need lane departure I mean it's cool and all, but I would rather take a sec and turn my head around.

I like getting most of what Prius offers without all the add ons I guess. I just don't need that stuff and to me at least they are useless so why pay for it.

The Two gives me everything I need without the add ons and it turns heads on top of it. Priceless.

#85 4rpr15, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  6. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    It doesn't really matter but you kinda made my point exactly, and you said you didn't want the ATP package so the the price difference is still only 2k not 5k as you stated in post 79... Even with ATP it's about a 4K price difference from a two.

So why did you not buy the three originally for less than 2k more than a base two? What options do you need or want that the three has that your two does not? You said you don't want the Nav? So I was just curious as to above. Thx and all the best.

RCO, 4rpr15 and Coast Cruiser like this.
  7. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You both make good points. So I gave you both "likes." :)

I would probably enjoy having some of the ATP features on my Three. But at the time of purchase, I couldn't afford that package. But NOW, just 6 months later, the Three Touring with ATP is lower priced than what I paid for my non-touring Three.

Last February, I paid $25,109 (plus tax/license) for my plain Three. And someone in the forum said they recently paid $23,400(?) for a Three Touring with ATP. A sales lady told me to wain until August... but I didn't listen.

Blizzard_Persona likes this.
  8. Scuderia Priusi

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <cough>Your point being?

Well then, yours would be unique! This is a pretty low-risk proposition, I suggest you do what you thinks and works best.

IMHO a black glass look on clean roofline is sweet!
    This.

I too, was advised to wait until August, but at the end of March the transmission in the 97 M3 had reached critical mass. That meant shelling out at least $4K in repairs...on a 19-year-old, not particularly collectible car. On top of that, like most German sedans around that mileage, it was about to enter another round of ~$500 sub-system repairs & service (Level II inspection, alternator, PS pump, water pump, battery, that sort of stuff). Bah.

I knew then that I would've saved at least $3K by waiting...alas, my hand was forced. Love this car though, and along with no regrets on choice of model, I've saved over $425 in fuel to this point. Plus, I'm thoroughly enjoying a very different and welcomed driving dynamic. So far, so very good!

Edit: Some browser strangeness happened, it auto-merged my replies to two posts, into one.

#88 Scuderia Priusi, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    RCO, Blizzard_Persona and 4rpr15 like this.
  9. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I think you misunderstood. If someone wants a moonroof on a Three they have to get the ATP.

Lol all I wanted was a moonroof, but now that I think about it a wrap would look a ton better on a clean roofline like mine. A wrap alongside a moonroof looks weird in my opinion. In fact it looks out of place. If someone truly had a panoramic roof there wouldn't be a small moonroof right in the center. Now if I had a moonroof I wouldn't get the roof wrapped. Did I use the word "roof" too much?

10. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    So again, why a three over a two that you currently own if you don't want or need the ATP package...

What options do you want from a three that the two does not provide if not for the Nav (as you said you would use your phone) It would have to be for the XM radio and three door sks...unless you really want the Li-Ion battery??

I could maybe understand going for a loaded four or four touring but from a two to a three? I got a three because I really wanted the XM/ Nav/ Three door sks and I kinda fell into the deal on my car with the ATP and I could not be happier :)

Look I'm am the very last guy to judge (I trade cars way too often myself but will be holding on to my new Prius for a long time this go around) but I am still just trying to understand your reasoning since you haven't said why yet, besides mentioning roof wrap and not wanting a moonroof? Thanks..

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No he *wants* a moonroof but that requires getting a Three w/ ATP.

At least that's how I've read the last few posts.

RCO and 4rpr15 like this.
  12. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    A Four? That costs way more. How do you mean? Originally I was after the moonroof. Now not so much. The Three fit the bill better. My point was if I could get one for cheap (which so far has been $23,900) I might do it. But now that I think of it more a wrap would look FAR better on a "clean roofline".... which is why you had it on your Persona. :) without a moonroof.

13. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Correct. Way back when I bought my Two I couldn't justify a $5k difference with an ATP I didn't need. Now that the 17's are coming out the Three prices are diving so I was just looking into it again. I bought my Two for really cheap and can trade it in for a great amount, but now the roof wrap comes into play. The more I look at it a wrap would look killer without a moonroof.

14. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    What other mods gave you considered? Are you doing the roof wrap?

15. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Yes, for the third time, just so I understand and I know this is getting redundant....my question was why upgrade to a three from what you have now and just bought? What options do you need or want on the three that your two does not have?

I understand that you could not justify a three with ATP originally and now you don't even want the moon roof due to wanting a wrapped roof but your two does not have a moon roof and can be wrapped.. This is getting a little silly so I will stop posting. Lol...

Good night all..

16. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Its over your head bro. Later. Sleep it off lol.

17. eight08customs

eight08customs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    here what my car looks like now

[​IMG]

douglasjre likes this.
  18. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE

Can't wait to see the finished product!!(y)

douglasjre and krmcg like this.
  19. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    image.jpg

Surf's Up, Dude!! The wheels look much better in person. Black painted Four Touring wheels?
    (Not my car.)

20. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    image.jpg

...and parked just to the left of the white Four, was this nice looking blue Gen3. Very clean car!

(Make America Great Again! :D)

sbfoster777 likes this.