1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pictures from Carson Pass now that I am chemo free!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by F8L, Jul 13, 2009.

1. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm happy you're feeling better F8L. I admire your attitude and resolve. You inspire me to be more grateful for each day I may have. :)

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey, my GF and I finally made it up to Carson Pass last weekend. It is later in the season from Justin's photos but it is still beautiful. My photos never do justice to the real thing. I would encourage anyone to check this area out if you ever have the opportunity. I took some shots of some of the trees on this latest trip. I'm not really a tree hugger, but I am a tree admirer.

[​IMG]

We hiked up past Winnemuca and Roundtop Lakes and around Roundtop Peak to the saddle before it drops off on the way to Fourth of July Lake. Fourth of July Lake is approx 1.5 miles down the trail from this point. No way was I going to hike it this time - last time my GF was trying to get the car keys from me because she thought I was going to die on the way back up. The dogs seemed worried too. Elevation is approx 9200 feet where this photo is taken.

[​IMG]

Looking up at Roundtop Peak

[​IMG]

Nature creates some weird sculptures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Nice photos DogF. Question: in your last photo the sky has a series of rings and I often see these type of things in digital photos. Any way to do the original shoot and not get those rings?

4. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Probably compression artifacts. I hosted these from my Facebook account because I don't have any remaining space left to attach any photos to PriusChat. Facebook compresses and resizes the photos when you upload them.

I notice some artifacts in the first photo that I posted - a little while after taking that photo, I noticed that I had accidentally left the ISO at 800 (I had been taking some indoor pics the day before) so the sky is kinda grainy.

Like I said, my photos never do justice to the real thing. :rolleyes:

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Words like that make all of this fight worth it my friend. Thank you! :)

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonderful pictures my friend! I don't blame you for not hiking down to Fourth of July Lake, I always plan on going down there but by the time I reach the saddle I decide I can do it another time. lol

7. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Fourth of July lake looks like a good backpacking destination. We have never done it, but we have seen backpackers there on two different occasions. After a good nights rest, you can climb back up the hill before it gets too warm in the afternoon.

Glad to see you are posting again. :)