1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pin outs - 2012 Prius 3 radio.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jblackwell, Aug 5, 2017.

1. jblackwell

jblackwell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am installing a complete system and have searched exhaustively for a pin out for the plugs going into the head unit. Can anyone assist? It's a 3 with Nav. Non-JBL. Nothing fancy, but it will be!

I'm specifically trying to identify the speaker wires. To clarify. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    techinfo.toyota.com, EWD tab (electrical wiring diagram), System Circuit, Audio/Visual/Telematics, Navigation System (Built-in Type Amplifier).

You can click to highlight specific circuits that interest you, then click the orange Info icon at the lower right, and you'll be shown exact drawings of the connectors with the selected pins indicated.

-Chap

Elektroingenieur and Daigi_ like this.
  3. jblackwell

jblackwell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was hoping someone had a schematic or some pictures. Oh well. :)

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Um, that's what the wiring diagram is.

-Chap

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I second @ChapmanF's recommendation of the interactive Electrical Wiring Diagram application available in Toyota TIS. It’s well designed, and the Print button offers access to PDF documents that can be saved for reference after the subscription expires.

If subscribing to Toyota TIS (starting at $15 for two days) is not an option, @jblackwell's local library sponsors access for its patrons to the ChiltonLibrary service, which includes most of the material in Toyota’s Repair Manual and Electrical Wiring Diagram books, albeit with a different navigation structure.

On the library’s Online Resources page, scroll down and click Auto Repair, and then click the ChiltonLibrary button. Enter your library card number to sign in, and then navigate to the following sections:
    • Vehicle Selector > 2012 Toyota Prius > Repair > Wiring Diagrams > SYSTEM CIRCUITS > Audio System (Built-in Type Amplifier), Navigation System (Built-in Type Amplifier) and Parking Assist (Rear View Monitor Built-in Type Amplifier)
    • Vehicle Selector > 2012 Toyota Prius > Repair > Wiring Diagrams > CONNECTOR LIST
    • Vehicle Selector > 2012 Toyota Prius > Repair > Chassis Electrical > Audio/Visual/Telematics > Audio / Video > Audio And Visual System (W/ Daytime Running Light) > Terminals Of ECU (2012 Prius From 12/2011)
    Information for the Plug-In Hybrid is sometimes interleaved; check each page to be sure it applies to the correct vehicle.

6. jblackwell

jblackwell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I work for a group that owns Toyota dealerships. I can get a TIS login to borrow I suppose.

Thanks to you both.