1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pine Mica Silver Prius Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by knownasmichael, May 1, 2007.

1. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SweetPri @ Jun 9 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]458742[/snapback]</div>
    I think the only rule should be that you're willing to keep posting to this threat, to keep bumping it up above the threads for the other Prius colors!

;)

2. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nytimez @ Jun 9 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]458752[/snapback]</div>
    Hear, hear!!!

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am pretty sure we don't have any official bylaws. We are a very accepting group, embracing other's differences.

Ever since our great founder michael prius rearragned our color Silver Pine Mica and coined the phrase "Pine Mica Silver", we have been full of love and acceptance for all. This is what makes the Pine Mica Silver Prius Club such a peaceful resting place amongst a fast and furious posting elswhere on PriusChat. We need both! But always return here for a tranquil retreat.

4. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had a "gut feeling" this would happen......... and it did......... on ALL the paperwork done by our Dealer he kept (automatically by computer & printer) putting Silver Pine Mica "into" to "color" boxes and it kept abbreviating this as SIL !! Sooooooooooooo............ we get our vehicle registration in the mail yesterday and listed in the "color box" what does it say ?? S-I-L-V-E-R instead of green....... THANKS Florida DMV and Mister Toyota Dealer "abbreviator"........................ :angry:

5. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I think the SPM Club should have, as part of its charter, some language that accepts any Prius owner "of any race, creed or (car) color." That way, the poor souls who opted or were forced to accept (shudder) a "lesser" Prius color won't feel discriminated against in any way. (grin)

I like the idea that this "club" is growing, and is obviously made up of rather intelligent souls who have zest for life, if not necessarily for soap. (horrible pun, forgive?)

Since our sales-mope won't answer cell phone, dealer phone or e-mail, I guess I'll just haul my 6-2, 230-lb frame into the dealership this coming week and try to get some answer to the question: "do you even have a SPM on order for me, and if so, what's the VIN and what's the projected delivery date?" Hmm. . .tough questions, but then, most auto dealers I've had the "pleasure" of bargaining with over the decades have a tough time answering questions. Probably a missing DNA thang. . .

I've told our friend, who got a new SPM Prius about a month ago, about our cyber-club, and she may hang her outrageously-colored hat on our peg soon. Or not. . .she's rather shy.

Still hoping. . .and waiting.

6. greenmama

greenmama New Member

I passed another SPM Friday. It's the first time I'd actually seen someone driving one! It was on the other side of a 4-lane highway, though, so I didn't get to honk or wave or anything.

7. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greenmama @ Jun 10 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]459119[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I think the only Toyota dealer in my town has sold two other SPM Prii. I met the guy I've seen driving one at AppleBees the other day. The lady driving the other SPM I haven't seen in a while. She may have been a seasonal resident (we get a lot of those here)>

8. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We have had our silver pine mica Prius for about four months and have had a lot of complements on the color. When we bought it the dealer only had one SPM in a stock of about 25 Prius cars on their lot. Our first choice was to be seaside pearl, but it was sold and the only reason we were able to get the SPM car was that the people that had just bought the blue car changed their minds at last minute from the SPM car to the seaside pearl. I am glad that we ended up with the SPM. I like it the best and now that we have it, so does my wife.

I just checked the inventory of the dealer that we buy our Toyotas from and they are showing 63 Prius cars either in stock or available and only two of them are SPM. As so many of you have already stated, it is a color that is hard to find, and if you are looking for a specific option package, then your search is much more difficult.

We were flexible on the option package, but didn't want leather. Color was our first consideration. Love our green car and if my personalized tag ever gets here it will say "EZ2BGRN".

9. gamiller

gamiller New Member

Count me in I have a SPM . Here in Spring Hill ,Fl there are at least 2 other SPM

10. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Jun 10 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]459136[/snapback]</div>
    My Wife and I were "in doubt" for a while after our intitial Prius test drive, making a very tough decision........... the Seaside Pearl -or- Silver Pine Mica, each with dark gray cloth interior. Although that particular dealer had the Silver Pine Mica (sold and ready for a customer pick-up) on his lot, he had NO Seaside Pearl (blue) on the lot...... other than photos on the internet (which are NEVER like the real vehicle up close and "in person"). We went searching for these TWO very different colors, hopefully side-by-side at a Toyota dealership withing driving distance (50 miles or less). Nothing that weekend, but later that week we found a Dealer (Wesley Chapel, Florida) and here are two pics we took:
    [attachmentid=8746]

[attachmentid=8747]

Needless to say, although the "blue" (Seaside Pearl) was "nice" it just didn't look as good as the SPM and right at this point we decided on the Silver Pine Mica. Just an F.Y.I., those two Prius's in the pics were "SOLD"........ we were just lucky enough that on that particular day they just happened to have both colors side-by-side....... BOTH were GONE the very next day...............

Attached Files:

11. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ Jun 10 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]459185[/snapback]</div>

And I thought it was just me! The cars in person look very different from the photos on the Toyota Web site. Thanks for the picks - I can't wait to pick up my SPM!

12. knownasmichael

knownasmichael New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 9 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]459070[/snapback]</div>
    lol. you make me sound like a god! all i did was open up a thread for us pine mica drivers...im sure someone else would have done it soon enough hehe. nonetheless, i still can't get the name right even after having my pine mica for month and a half. i do not know....pine mica silver sounds better to me than silver pine mica lol.

13. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michael_prius @ Jun 10 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]459279[/snapback]</div>
    I guess the first thing on the Official Agenda, then, should be this: Is it more Pine, or more Silver? ;)

14. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jun 10 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]459121[/snapback]</div>
    I got my SPM 4 days ago, and had never seen one in person. What happens yesterday? I pass one on the highway. I was a little disappointed; I did want to be the only one in town for a little while! When I picked up DuPree, the dealer said a lady was wanting to get one just like mine, so I may be seeing more.

By the way, if you see 3 women in a SPM next weekend, it may be me. We (me, MIL, and mom) are coming to your town for some sort of art thing. Give us a honk and wave if you see us :)

A funny thing - I own a Quaker parrot who is always telling us what a pretty, pretty bird she is. Quakers are green with a gray chest :D So, of course, DuPree is bird-approved! Pretty, pretty car!

15. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    nytimez, where on LI are you? I was in the Bayville-Glen Cove-Syosset area over Memorial Day. I guess you didn't see me then, but I'll be back next weekend.

And unlike some of y'alls, I now have THREE SPM Prii right here in my neighborhood. One of my neighbors had one before me, and today while I was out riding my bike I saw one coming down the road, and it had temporary tags, so it's new.

p.s. It's more Pine than Silver.

16. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nybiker @ Jun 10 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]459424[/snapback]</div>
    Syosset's not far from me at all. Most of the Prius I've seen around here have been Silver or Magnetic Grey (which looks like a helluva color to keep clean - seems like every bit of dust shows on the greys). And the occassional black, white and driftwood. I've not seen a SPM, or Seaside, or Red in the wild out by me - and I've been looking.

17. nytimez

nytimez New Member

I finally picked up my Silver Pine Mica Prius! Hooray! But by the time I got back from the dealer I had to leave for work, so I didn't get to drive it much. The odometer has a grand total of 3 miles on it.

18. SweetPri

SweetPri New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats nytimez!! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. And the SPM rocks.

To me it's def more pine than silver. When I went to pay my wheel tax the woman asked what color, I wanted to grandly say "Silver Pine Mica" but then I didn't want to get a funny look, so I said "green".

19. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It IS green - therefore the "Pine Mica Silver" club is aptly named. And obviously filled with energetic, creative people who see a unique color and "go for it!" Now, if my dealer would only do his job and find one for me! Sigh. It's been nearly two weeks, and no progress. Think it may be time to find another dealer. . .

20. SweetPri

SweetPri New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been having Wryter. Makes me appreciate the dealership I got mine from since I know they worked to get me my car even though they had trouble tracking it down. My wait was less than a week. Good luck to you.