1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pine Mica Silver Prius Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by knownasmichael, May 1, 2007.

1. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wryter @ Jun 12 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]460064[/snapback]</div>
    Are you searching for a Touring or NON-Touring, and what PACKAGE ??
    Are you having "trouble" with your present Dealer just being "lazy" -or- is he (or she) really trying their BEST that they can, but it's just in actuality "end of 2007 model year production" making definite color/package selections harder to find ??
    I can give you the name and number of MY Dealer, in TAMPA if you wanted to speak with him...............
    We were very lucky (as I wrote in several other threads here) and got a "hard-to-locate" Silver Pine Mica TOURING w/package 5, gray cloth in less than two weeks. We were ORIGINALLY told (when they searched) that it would take 90 days.......... maybe more !! Our Dealer (Toyota of Tampa Bay) in Tampa, really worked his a** off and located one EXACTLY as we wanted, coming over on the ship !! He not only got us the exact vehicle we wanted, but a GREAT price and was able to "eliminate" that dam $699 ToyoGuard Plus package and any other "waste of money" PORT INSTALLED options.......... Remember, YOU in Naples, just like me in Plant City, FL get it from the port of Jacksonville and Florida is a member if S.E.T. (SouthEast Toyota group) !!
    :rolleyes:

2. ATOM_SF

ATOM_SF Junior Member

Woo hoo! I'm joining this club!

I just bought my SPM Touring with Package 6 here in San Francisco! This was my favorite color and I'm happy to have found it.

I'm just sad that I don't get to drive it tonight! Oh well ... I guess I'll have to wait until the morning!

3. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ATOM_SF @ Jun 13 2007, 10:30 PM) [snapback]461290[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats! I picked mine up Monday, drove it home, and then didn't get to drive it again until this afternoon - it's now got a whopping 14 miles on it. Welcome to the club!

4. Joe Bernard

Joe Bernard New Member

Hi everybody! I'm late to the club but early to the color. Is '07 the first year for it? When I got mine here in a-Prius-on-every-corner Marin County, CA. in Nov. '06, I had the only SPM around. Now they're everywhere!

5. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slow & Green @ Jun 14 2007, 03:56 AM) [snapback]461433[/snapback]</div>
    I still haven't seen another SPM in the wild out by me. I guess it's more popular in some places than others.

6. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Sigh - had a bad case of "dealer woes" today - finally cancelled our order with the Naples Toyota place - they wouldn't answer phones or e-mails for more than two weeks. turns out they hadn't even ordered the car!

Now I've gone to a dealer with whom I've had very good relations in the past - Ft. Myers Toyota - and have ordered a SECOND Pine Mica Silver car. Have no idea of arrival - but at least I have a lot of trust in the salesman.

Getting package #2 - with leather upholstery - dark gray - with NO Toyoguard that seemingly is dictated by SET. I could get a car from Chicago cheaper - but it's a long drive. . .yep.

And my wife and I want the PMS Club founder to know that the reversal is a much more accurate color-description! It ain' silver! It's, uh, well, that is, ummm, Green. And my wife gets a GREAT kick out of the "PMS Club." Women don't seem to find that funny at all! (grin)

Hoping for a car before July, but. . . . . .

7. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wryter @ Jun 14 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]461807[/snapback]</div>
    Well I mentioned this before.... when our Toyota Dealer "abbreviates" Silver Pine Mica" as "SIL" on both the Registration and Title paperwork, what do you think is filled in the "color box" of the vehicle on BOTH documents that the State of Florida sent us.......... duhhhhhhhhhh COLOR: SILVER

:angry: Yeah........ like I'm gonna stand in a DMV line for three hours to fix this........ NOT !!

8. JamieS

JamieS New Member

I'm in! When we were buying our Prius, I looked at the choices online and told my parents to get the green one. :)

As has been said, it's a fitting color for an environmental car and a lot of people complement the uniqueness of the color. It's different without being obnoxious.

[​IMG]

PHILBERT<3

9. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rainydysandmondys @ Jun 14 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]462004[/snapback]</div>
    What a purty car! Yeah!

10. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wryter @ Jun 14 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]462055[/snapback]</div>
    Did anyone get touch-up paint with their car? And if so, was it stored in the car somewhere? I don't think there's any in mine -- not that I need it (yet).

11. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nytimez @ Jun 15 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]462220[/snapback]</div>
    I have never heard of getting touch up paint with a new car. Is that a regional thing? I never heard of dealers putting advertising sticker on the paint of a new car either until I read it here on PC.

I did buy touch up paint from a dealer, and I was pleasantly surprised they only wanted $7 because the Honda dealer charged me $12, for a non metallic white.

Of course, my Toyota touch up paint is Silver Pine Mica.

12. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 17 2007, 06:00 AM) [snapback]463371[/snapback]</div>
    Try this website if the Dealer is too far away:
    http://www.brandsport.com/toy-00258-006u0.html
    :rolleyes:

13. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Regarding Brandsport - it's a reputable company - but just don't expect to get your paint for a LONG time. Friends of ours ordered and did not specify the added-cost UPS shipping. they finally got their paint four weeks later, by regular US postal delivery.

Every Toyota dealer "should" have the 6U0 paint in stock - but I say "should." Sigh.

Keeping fingers crossed - Ft.Myers Toyota says they'll have VIN and projected delivery date sometime "early this week." I find it hard to sit still. . . . . . . . .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rainydysandmondys @ Jun 14 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]462004[/snapback]</div>
    Philbert Pedro Paco Sunshine Rainbow Earthchild VII????? Wow! And I thought maybe I was getting a bit estoteric by naming our soon-to-be-delivered PMS car "Verdi." As in "green" in Italian - and the last name of my favorite opera composer, Giuseppe Verdi. (translates to Joe Green in English,BTW)

14. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wryter @ Jun 17 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]463417[/snapback]</div>
    Could it be this one ??
    VIN: JTDKB20U873268823
    Color: Silver Pine Mica
    Interior: Bisque
    Available: 06/21/07
    Dealer Name: Ft. Myers Toyota

15. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did Chevy Volt "steal" our color.... Silver Pine Mica ????
    [attachmentid=9099]

Attached Files:

16. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ Jun 17 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]463419[/snapback]</div>
    Nah - Bill Marx (salesman) called to say that "our" car is in Jacksonville port - don't know when it will be "released" and have leather put on it. VIN ends in 661334 - Pine Mica Silver with dark gray interior. After all the grief I've endured just trying to get the car, I really, really hope we love it/she/he/whatever. (grin)

17. sassypamela

sassypamela New Member

I'm in!! I just bought my beauty on Monday! She was the exact color I was looking for and frankly the only one I would buy. I was adamant that I get THAT color with THAT package and options. And lucky for me, they had it!! I was so excited. I love her. Obviously I think the SPM is the PRETTIEST and BEST of all the color options. I love how it's UNIQUE. Hope it doesn't get TOO popular!

Enough capitalized words and exclamation points for ya?? ha!

18. mootsman

mootsman New Member

[attachmentid=9129]My wife and "Greenie" as we call our Prius.

Attached Files:

19. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sassy Pamela @ Jun 22 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]466235[/snapback]</div>

There are never enough capitalized words and exclamation points to sufficiently describe the epitome of perfection that is Silver Pine Mica!

Did you hear the chorus of angels singing "Ahhhh" when you first saw your baby? Lovely voices, those angels...

My little darling DuPree got mud guards, tint, and window visors this week B)

20. Larry_R

Larry_R Wryter

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Scheeesh!!!

After reading all the posts by you raving PMS-lovers (that's Pine Mica Silver, not, well, you know. . .), you'd think this car is sump-in special?!?

Hmm. . . .

(big fat grin here)

Yeah, guess it is. . . . . . . . .sigh

Will ours EVER get here? Please?