1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PiP Owners - Own Up: Out of Charge, AND Gas?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by hill, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I reported my experience. That was not a "dire claim". It was real to me. It appears that you need to have the same experience to believe it. No one can create experience for you. You must have it yourself. I think that was the thrust of what Hill was trying to say.

Is objectively safe to smoke a cigarette, have that double milk shake or even eat a peanut butter sandwich (some people are very allergic to peanuts), etc.? There are many things in life for which there are not simple and clear answers. You may run down your traction battery and wreck it. The next person or the next fifty people may have the same experience that you reported years ago. Or as usbseawolf suggested, you may simply reduce the capacity of your traction battery without immediate, drastic and obvious effect.

Knowledge of what could go wrong is often the best that we can get. In the long run, your best odds are to follow that as a guide for action. In the short run, it is a crap shoot. Follow your comfort zone and live with what ever happens.

davekro and SLOW_RR like this.