1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PiPular Mechanics: You Guys are Scaring Me!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Jozo, Mar 28, 2012.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    If you leave it plugged in, you can't drive it:D

2. gwmort

gwmort Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Right, but you want to unplug and drive, if you try to plug and drive the car won't move.

I was thinking of those cute VW commercials with the "sign and then drive" events over the "sign and drive" ones that had people with forms on their steering wheels while they were driving...

As to the OP, it all very much behind the scenes if you want to drive normally. Your concerns would be like someone asking you how you got the regular prius to switch between the ICE and the motors, you don't you just drive.

That said I bet you after a couple of days of wondering what all those buttons do you'd be right here asking the technical questions that spooked you in the first place, and loving it.

3. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Or he works for the state. My wife was a worker's comp manager for the state for a long time. She recently got a law degree & passed the bar. As an entry level lawyer she'd make less than her manager's salary, which wasn't great to begin with. If she had done a Training & Development Transfer, she would have her manager's salary frozen for 2 years. She opted to go work for a private firm that gave her a generous raise.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jozo

Jozo PIP PIP HOORAY!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Owie! That's gonna leave a mark!