1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pixel 2 not finding Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Creliandobi, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Creliandobi

Creliandobi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Good evening,

I'm attempting to listen to music (via Spotify or Google Play Music) that is playing on my stock Pixel2 via a Bluetooth connection to my 2010 Prius v (Advanced Tech pkg)
    * I've paired the phone to the Prius and am able to receive/make phone calls via the MultiFunction Display in the car.
    * I verified that I have 1 of 4 phones connected to the vehicle via "Manage Phones" menu
    * I am able to see the Bluetooth 'name' of the car (Snoopy) in the notification shade of my Pixel2 as a connected Device
    * When I click the "AUDIO" button (to the left of the MFD), the "BT" tab is disabled from selection.
    * I am unable to hear any music (spotify/google play music) via the car stereo, as I am unable to select "BT" from the audio menu.

Any ideas?
    * I have unpaired / forgotten / re-paired with the Prius
    * I have powered down / up the Prius and attempted to pair with the vehicle again (which yielded a successful result of PAIRING, but no "BT" tab option able to be selected.

Is it possible to Pair with the Prius so that phone calls can be made, but so that music is UNABLE to be played/BT tab is unable to be selected?

2. Creliandobi

Creliandobi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    OK, I got it working. I did this all yesterday, in a rush, so I might be missing steps but it goes something like this:

1. Removed the phone from being 'known' by the car (Setup>Audio>Manage Phone > Remove) so that there are no Phones in the prius system (also, I 'forgot' the prius system from within my phone bluetooth settings)
    2. Downloaded 'Quick Fix' from the Playstore (as a last ditch effort) after searching 'bluetooth fix'
    3. Ran 'Quick Fix' (I think it probably just cleared my bluetooth device list / removed all known bluetooth devices from the past)
    4. Registered the phone via the 'Bluetooth settings' menu instead of the 'add new phone' option
    5. Tap 'Audio' on the head unit, the 'BT' tab is now selectable

I think the thing that was preventing me from gaining bluetooth connection last time was connecting the phone as a Phone (for phone call purposes) first -- for some reason the car never allowed me to then Pair it as a bluetooth media device.