1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Placing order tomorrow, (*Update Car is in the garage)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by brentmeister, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gsatlanta @ Oct 16 2007, 07:50 AM) [snapback]526261[/snapback]</div>
    I thought that the Bluetooth in the vehicle would allow you to hookup your Bluetooth enabled cell phone. Are you saying that all the Bluetooth in the vehicle gives you is the option of buying some other BT device in order to hookup your BT enabled cellphone to make it work through the system? The Toyota website leads me to believe that if you guy package 3 with BT, that you can pair your phone through the system and have hands-fee communication. It does not lead me to think that you have to buy something else to make this work. I have a package 3 on order and the BT is one main selling point to me for business calls that I handle on my way to work each morning. Any clarification is appreciated.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    John,
    I suggest you start hitting the internet sales people at various dealerships...do all the wrangling online and then print out each and every e-mail before you go in to close the deal just in case they try to pull a fast one on ya at the end. That way you can hit a lot of dealers at once.
    OT--I have a good friend who lives in Hot Springs and one of my partners is getting ready to take a job in the ER down there.
    BTW, if you have a particular dealer in TX that you've worked with and trust just buy from him again...go through everything via e-mail fly down to pick up the car and enjoy the drive home.

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

4. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Brent, add me to the ones congratulating you on your new Prius. It is a really great car. If you are anything of a gadget freak (or not even a freak, but interested in gadgets), there is so much about the car that will keep your interest peaked. Now the question is how far do you want to go down the modifications path....

5. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John Ford @ Oct 17 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]526817[/snapback]</div>
    You might check Dan Hecht Toyota in Effingham, IL . They still have our 05 Prius listed with 38,000 miles, another 05 with 42,000 miles and a 07 with 11,775 miles.

The two 05's are both listed at $18,995 and the 07 is $22,995.

They were very easy to deal with. I started with Bob Hecht. I sent him the vin and he made an offer on the allowance he would give. It beat Marion Toyota's price by $3000. I ordered what we wanted and when it was due at the dealership in one week, we made the final deal. The day before I picked it up, I called and gave financial details to arrange financing at a bank set-up with Illinois "Green Rewards" program. We got there at 3:00 on a Saturday and NO HASSLE. There were NO add-ons and the rate on the financing was cheaper than I could find at any qualified bank. They even gave me a hat and my wife a bag.

Oops, there was one thing I didn't order. It was the rear bumper protector that says Prius on it for aroun $60. I didn't complain since I was going to order an aftermarket one anyway.

It was 110 mile drive for us, but I would have driven to Arkansas to get the same service.
    The dealership is still owned by the four Hecht brothers. The father started the Chevy dealership around 1952 and added Toyota in the early 70's. It is still set up with a Sales Manager which is Bob Hecht's title.
    I did all the final details with a sales lady named Jody. I was impressed with her knowledge of the Prius details while she gave us a 30 minute orientation.

I am getting ready to send pics of my mother-in-law's 1997 Park Avenue. She is interested in a Camry. In the future, I plan on shopping there again for myself.

Good Luck, but be patient.

6. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omi @ Oct 17 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]526836[/snapback]</div>

Can anyone clarify this one for me? Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

7. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omi @ Oct 18 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]527453[/snapback]</div>
    any help? anyone?

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omi @ Oct 19 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]527824[/snapback]</div>
    Yes bluetooth means you can pair your phone (assuming it's compatible with Toyota's system. Yes Bluetooth is supposed to be universal but some phones are more problematic than others so double check).

Once paired, you can transfer your phonebook (again some phones allow you to transfer entire books, others you must painfully enter each contact separately) and make/receive calls via the handsfree system in the car.

9. berkley

berkley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Trying to send phone book from iPhone XR to 2007 Prius ? Can it be done? Now?
    Thanks

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would start a new thread

Skibob likes this.