1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Planned Mods

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by UserError, Dec 23, 2019.

1. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Took delivery on Thursday but I’m already thinking of mods. Going to do the following, in this order:

-Weathertech Floor Liners

-remove dumb dealer stickers

-opticoat pro plus ceramic coating

-ceramic ir tints (resists uv and ir heat)

-weboost

-dash cam? Haven’t decided.

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I think these two things will both end up being BIG wastes of money.

The factory paint almost always outlives the mechanics......or the bad drivers in your state.
    A really LOT of cars go to the scrap yard with shiny paint still intact.

You can't boost a signal that isn't there.......and if it IS there, you likely don't need to boost it.

If you do get a dashcam, be SURE that it is not still powered when the car is OFF.

BRuce2020 likes this.
  3. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I think I'd be a fan of the ceramic coating for the paint - not to allow it to 'live' longer, but to keep staining and sap-retention down.

Weathertech mats - I have them, and I agree with the reviews that they seem to stain, discolor, and always look dirty / stick to dirt even after the car wash cleans them. If there is another high-end brand, I suggest you try it. But the WT does have deep channels to catch ice/snow/water, so you may need it.

Dash cams are huge, now - not out of popularity, but out of a societal need. Was just told this morning of what the interior facing side of a dash cam caught a Chevy dealership's techs doing to the inside of a 1500 ... cameras were needed years ago. It's a shame that the only company doing multiple cams from the factory is Tesla.

4. tannerpace

tannerpace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check out comma ai, if you are getting a dash cam might as well add open pilot!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.