1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Planning to replace front dash speakers ... what do i need?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by danmm7, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    That has nothing to do with a 2nd amp or 3rd amp or what have you.. it's just their setup and clearly that's what they are after.. distortion to some may be music to others.. lol..

2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's a free country... as I said, I'm sure it's possible to set it up so that it sounds good.

#22 Rebound, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Multi amp systems should sound great. Just with my one 300 watt rms amp, the volume and clarity is more than can handle. Added bonus is no more road noise... My wife now notices her Lexus isn't even as "quiet" because the sound dampening and speakers blocking it out.

4. SmileZ

SmileZ Junior Member

I am trying to do this upgrade and i have seen many people adding to the current capacitor on the blue connector or replacing it with a bass blocker i think they said its 100uF non polarized capacitor.

In you post u said it could also go straight. Does this mean i could take the old capacitor off and just run straight to speakers??