1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plastic retainer clip set for prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HoneyGhost, May 25, 2021.

1. HoneyGhost

HoneyGhost New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone refer me to some cheap plastic retainer clip sets online? I found a few on ebay but would prefer amazon to save on shipping. I got a crap ton of broken clips I need to replace.

2. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have purchased from these guys before:

Automotive Retainers, Clips and Fasteners - ClipsAndFasteners.com

They carry a lot of specialized automotive fasteners. That said, it was years ago so I cannot speak to their prices now. Try searching for the part number on ebay and then compare to this site. For kicks you could look at the dealer prices too, but I would guess that will come out at least 5 times higher than what you can find elsewhere.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There’s so many styles, diameters and jaw lengths. I would research the part no’s and get the Toyota fasteners; save yourself time and hassle in the long run.

If you pry them out carefully, rinse them in soapy water and work the mechanism back-and-forth a few times before reinstalling, they last.

srellim234 and HoneyGhost like this.
  4. HoneyGhost

HoneyGhost New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This looks great actually, thanks a ton!