1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plastic speaker mounts, all the same?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DonutHands, Aug 13, 2016.

1. DonutHands

DonutHands Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do all 4 doors use the same speakers? Mainly interested to know if the 3 hole plastic mounting brackets are the same dimensions for all 4 doors. I want to have replacement adapters cut in MDF and would much rather make one template if all 4 are the same.

Of course i could drill out all 4 doors and check myself, but i really just want to take out one speaker so the rest remain installed and work while im getting the adapters made.

Thanks.

2. Kevin_Denver

Kevin_Denver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. All 4 doors have identical speakers and plastic mounts (for stock Prius - with JBL system rear speakers are different but have size holes for plastic mounts). Once you create the first wood mount you should be able to duplicate it for the other 3 speakers. However keep in mind the shape of the metal is slightly different on each side and between the front and back and your mounts will likely fit each just slightly differently. When I created my speaker mounts for my rear speakers, I used some liquid nails to fill in the gaps that occurred because the wood didn't fit quite flush. I have the door interiors almost completely sealed by using some 3/8" board and sound damping mat to fill all of the holes (there are still some very small gaps from the holes for the fittings for the interior door panel, and the drain hole at the bottom that shouldn't be covered). This creates a sealed enclosure for the speakers and increases the bass response.