1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PlastiDipping Imported LED DRL's for the 10-11 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by El Nino, Sep 16, 2012.

1. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For the turn signals feel up there and push the tabs INWARD (at the raised bump on the tab) to release them from the edge of the hole they are in and push them out from the back. I think one has to come out ahead of the other...perhaps fog lights first? I don't remember.

2. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmmm..not sure you are taking off the right cover? If you remove the cover it is literally right there within easy reach. Pic attached below

Attached Files:

• flap.jpg
      flap.jpg
      File size:
      321.8 KB
      Views:
  3. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Pic would definitely help. do not know if it's because of the difference in USA/ Canada model. ?

4. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey El Nino, look what I finally did, took a good 30 minutes :p I tinted the front winker led lights, 20 % to match my rear taillights. what do you think ? looks good ? do you think I should tint the hockey stick as well ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sonnyd510 likes this.
  5. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow...great job! How did you tint it? Up to you on the hockey stick...it may also dim it enough so you could use it at night with your regular lights as well. These things look so great lit up. I was thinking about when I took out my fog lights..do you know there's a 10mm nut holding the fog lights in? They also need to come out first before the winkers I believe. They pull out backwards while the winkers get pushed out away from the car. Keep us updated on your progress.

6. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i believe there were 10 mm nut holding the fog and a bunch of other stuff

7. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hey, EL nino, can I facetime you in regards to the install ?

Do I need to splice any wires ?

8. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry..no facetime here..but the only splice is the parking light wire (use the one that has a red or white line on it..that's the live one). everything else you can just wire nut and or male/female plug (best). Go to Autozone or similar and get an ez splice for the parking light..just ask the guys there. Don't go crazy on the electrical tape till you are completely done and you've checked out everything works.

9. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i'm still abit confused, so the webelectric module, I attach each wire to the same colors of the ECU ?

and I use the red wire of the module to add a circuit to that red fuse in the fuse box right ?

What's the long red and black wire and the yellow wire for ?

From each of the LEd's there's a black and red wire, the red goes to that long red/black wire, and the black goes to the ground, so any bolt near the ground ?

thanks !

sorry I sound soo noob

10. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Holy crap...lol. ok (Do Not Attach Anything to ECU of Car)

This would be the easiest. (Go to Autozone and buy some red and black auto wire..tell them what your doing)

1.) Run the black and red from LEFT DRL over to RIGHT DRL. Zip tie if need be so nothing hangs down.

2.) Connect to left and right drl's together WITH the supplied black and red wire to make it up to the fuse box area.

3,) Connect the black wire coming from the DRL's to the GREEN wire of the module and a 3rd black wire which will .
    then connect that to the ground screw pictured

4.) Connect the red wire coming from the DRL's to the VIOLET (purple) of the module. This is what powers the DRL when activated

5.) Splicing into the parking light wire. Twist out the parking light bulb and splice the module's BLUE wire to the WHITE (or other obvious POSITIVE) wire of the parking light. This connection will tell your DRL when your lights are off or on.

6.) Main Module Power - run the module's YELLOW wire over to the fuse shown in the picture. Use the supplied extra yellow wire if you need it but you probably wont.

You do not need to use RED BROWN or PINK wires from the module.

A new wiring diagram I just made -

[​IMG]

chiefseattleprius likes this.
  11. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What a great thread.
    The results pictured look terrific!!!
    :D

12. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Uscmfu has been at it all day........can't wait to see the results :D

13. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm looking forward to seeing it on his blizzard white ride. I gave him my number if he needed it.

14. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for helping a wiring noob out Sean and El Niño.

I got the right side installed. However I still need to wire up the LEDs and do the left side tomorrow.

Btw, El Niño for your l shape LEDs. Did you have any gaps between the LEDs and the housing case area.

Mine had a bit of a gap ><

15. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mine has a very small gap but it's pretty much not noticeable...especially since the drl is black anyway. When you tighten up the nut in the back it brings it back in more flush. Careful you don't push it in to much or you could push it through the hole. I bet it looks awesome on you blizzard white. Pics!

16. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    pics will be up soon, you mean the nut that holds the fog light in right ?

thanks !!

17. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I removed the L bracket that is attached to the back of the unit and attached the transformer to it with the adhesive that is on the back..I even zip tied it as well. Then I put the unit back in with the threaded rod going through the hole and attached the bracket from behind with a wing nut instead of the supplied nut (M6 I think). The bracket keeps the transformer away from anything important as I believe it may get hot.

18. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hey, for my blue wire on the module, I can't find any live wires from my parking light or from my headlight.

I used a light circuit tester, to test each of the holes from the connector. I'm not sure how I can split the wire for the blue wire on the module

19. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got off the phone with him and we determined (after I checked mine again) the 2 wires coming from the parking light are black and white. Splice into the white one and you are good to go. I have change the wiring diagrams throughout this thread to reflect that. Go Man Go!

20. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Guys, u do realize that u both have different headlights? El Niño, u have halogen lights based for the US market. Ucsmfu, u have LED headlights based for the Canadian market. The color of the wires are going to be different.

ucsmfu, were u testing the connector on the car side with the lights on? We know u have te right connector cause that headlight isn't turning on.