1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PlastiDipping Some Parts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Michael_Dylan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the rear of the Prius were a face, the rear window being sunglasses and the license plate area a smiley mouth...

That plastidip just made your happy, hipster prius into a happy, hipster prius with hitler moustache..

2. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Saw a silver GenII on the road over the weekend that had an all black hatch. I think it was a mismatched salvage piece because there was evidence of body work in progress elsewhere, but it looked pretty cool. Integrated well with the black mini-window section. That and a black hood could look OK in my opinion.

- D

3. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Having been a muscle car fan my adult life( I have a restored 71 GTO 455, 4 speed, Judge in Hemi orange in the garage) I decided to spice up my too slow Prius. I found 2 pair of HEMI chrome emblems off a 68 GTX on Ebay. Now my Prius says HEMI Prius on the fenders and HEMI hybrid on the rear hatch. No, the emblems don't make thae car go faster BUT, it changes my outlook some and some people actually ask me if I really do have a HEMI under that puny hood.
    -Paul R. Haller-

4. lloemm

lloemm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have plasti-dipped my factory rims, after taking off the hubcaps. so far they are perfect after 7 months EXCEPT when i had to get my tire changed, the guy scraped the edges, but I'm working on respraying that.

Attached Files:

5. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    did you pull them off or did u spray while on the car? I would love to do this to mine!

6. lloemm

lloemm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    my fiancé took them off, but just taped the tires off instead of going through taking them off the rim. i LOVE them though, i don't have a break dust problem anymore and they just hose off. NO MORE scrubbing rims!! makes a car wash super fast.

7. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The rims dont look that bad.