1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Playing DVD-Rs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Wooski, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting tidbit from the UK Toyota Owners Club forum - the stereo will play MP3's off DVD discs.

I tested this on my T-Spirit with HDD Navi / Jukebox and it does indeed work. I burnt approx 400 320Kbps MP3's onto a DVD-R disc and it plays them like a normal CD MP3 disc. Looks like there is a file limit of around 250 tracks though - but still it's very handy.

Has anyone else tried this with other stereo's or is it only available with the HDD Navi/Jukebox drives?

1 person likes this.
  2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    But with 4G USB drives at $8, why not just go that route? I wonder if there is a way to play DVD video (we can do it on our Lexus GX)

3. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good point - but unless you have the iPod/USB integration it won't work! The idea here is to avoid buying that kit which is different in the UK than the US (not as good for some reason by reports). Glad I saved myself over £300.

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's one of the first things I tried when I got my Prius, but unfortunately MP3 DVDs won't play in US cars (neither in the CD changer nor nav drive). I have a bunch of 8 GB double layer DVDs from my last car collecting dust.