1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Playing Folders from a USB thumb drive?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Laura-Ann, Jul 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Laura-Ann

Laura-Ann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just bought a 2019 Prius Prime Plus (7" screen). I have plugged in a 32 gig thumb drive that has about 2400 MP3 music tracks organized into folders by genre or artist/title. The menu choices for how to play the music include Genre, Artist, All Songs, Random, etc. but I want the songs to be played from a specific folder, in the order they were sorted into when I created the folder and copied the music on my PC. I can't seem to find any way to make the player do this! It insists on lumping every one of the songs on that USB drive into one huge list, sorted alphabetically by filename. I just want to be able to select a folder, and have the player play the songs in that folder, in standard alphanumeric order. Isn't there any way to make the player show and select only songs in one folder, and not stream all the music on the drive all lumped together? The way it is now, if I have a song by the Eagles, a jazz tune by Diana Krall, and Beethoven's 9th Symphony, and the titles on the thumb drive happen to be this:
    "01-Beethoven-9th_Symphony"
    "02-Eagles-Take_It_Easy"
    "03-Krall-Popsicle_Toes"
    The stupid player is going to play these three songs one after the next, even though they are not even remotely in the same folders, and they're different composers and genres!

ImaRogers likes this.
  2. avongil

avongil Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This makes me so mad I am going to replace the head unit in our 2012 PIP. I would love to know if there is any way around this before I switch things out.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Humm, I have 2017 PRIME Premium trim. The head unit is different from the Plus model with 7" screen, but on my car, USB play option include folders. It lists folders in alphanumerical orders and when you select a folder, it will play all the songs in that folder only. My problem is that it will repeat playing the same folder when all the songs are played. I would like it to play the next folder automatically when one is finished, but I have not figured out how to do that.

4. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Playing mp3s from a CD will work like you want.

5. Alorlando

Alorlando New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I don't get it. I have Joan Jett and the Runaways discography, so on different albums there are multiple songs. I may not care about listening to these songs again on different albums, but to hear the same song three times in a row is not what I want. I can't believe that it would sort this way..

6. Alorlando

Alorlando New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    There are no CD player in the 2019 or 2020 Prius.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Even on the base model? Wouldn’t the 7” MFD get a CD Player? Only the Limited grade with the 11.6” doesn’t have one.