1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Playing MP3 from CD on Prius 07

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sanlen, Jun 18, 2014.

1. sanlen

sanlen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

I just got a 07 Toyota Prius and I am so exited with the equipped features. There is a text written MP3 WMA [JBL] under the CD player dock. What is expect this car is capable of playing MP3 from CD, I then tried to burn a MP3 CD for testing. Unfortunately, it does not work.

Could you please advise if I can play MP3 from CD on this car? How to burn MP3 CD for Prius?

Thank,
    sanlen

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The detailed info you need is in the Prius owner's manual, which you can download from this site. The short answer is Yes, just burn MP3 files onto a normal CD, and the player will scan and play them in order. You can put them into folders, and the player will look through them to discover all the medial files contained. You can select the folders and files from the MFD.

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Sanlen. You want to try to determine if it's a problem with how the CD is burnt or a problem with your car's player.

There are various things that can go wrong with burning CD's, so can you double check that the CD is correctly burnt and readable. If you have any other devices that can play mp3s (most DVD players can play mp3s for example), then check that the disc is able to play on those.