1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Playstation 3 Frenzy...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Nov 17 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]351150[/snapback]</div>
    He still has not received a single bid. You can list anything on eBay, at any price you like. But if you don't find a buyer it don't mean beans.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any PS3 auctions starting at Cdn$1,200 will be ignored now. All those that have no bids had starting bids higher than Cdn$1,200

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wuisme @ Nov 20 2006, 10:31 PM) [snapback]352349[/snapback]</div>
    I totally agree....

I'm not shelling out 6 C notes for a PS3, they can go pound sand...

Plus, I love the motion aspect of the Wii controller!

I predict Nintendo is going to take back the market they lost to Sony back in the early/mid 90's.... I mean, after all, graphics can only get soo good. Obviously there's a difference between the old 8 bit Nintendo and today's PS2, but far less then, IMO, then PS2 to PS3, or high end computer graphics...

4. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This was a really odd console launch. It wasn't about crazy game fans willing to sleep on the streets for a game system. This was the equivalent of telling people that stores across the country were giving out $1000 in cash if you invested $600. People saw the pre-launch ebay prices and knew that if they slept in the street for a few days they could make some money. I have done it myself in the past. If I get my hands on more than one hot videogame system right before christmas then I play with one and sell the rest.

I have been a longtime game fan and I pretty much manage to get every system on launch day. This time my friends and I realized that there wasn't a single ps3 game that we wanted to play, so we'll just wait (or is that Wii just wait). I'll probably pick up a Wii as soon as the stores start getting regular shipments.

5. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 20 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback]352012[/snapback]</div>
    Just as I was starting to feel depressed, you gave me hope. I can always count on you for this!

6. adgo82

adgo82 New Member

My PS3 wasnt that expensive. I didnt have to wait in line either. I dont know what this other people are doing.
    [​IMG]

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

PS1 + PS2 = PS3! LOL!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 20 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]352012[/snapback]</div>
    Check into Free Internet Chess Server. Free, you get to play real people, and you get rated. There are clients for different platforms. I use Babas for windows. www.freechess.org.

Someone in the world at your level is always ready for a game...

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Nov 23 2006, 07:23 AM) [snapback]353454[/snapback]</div>
    When I lived in Mexico I joined Internet Chess Club (ICC). There's a monthly fee, but in my opinion it's worth it for the support and system quality that a free club cannot provide. I quit because of the Mexican phone system: phone line quality had improved a lot, but still had enough noise to cut off a modem connection in the middle of games.

I have not joined again because starting a game is a committment to stay to the end. With a program I can kill a few minutes on a quick game, or save and resume a game any time I like.

Also, I don't care if I lose to the program. Against a human player I take it too seriously. But I might join again. I would definitely go the pay route. I really think the service and the system is better, and worth it.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 23 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]353411[/snapback]</div>

:lol: :lol: :lol: