1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please allow me to crow

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by marjflowers, Aug 19, 2007.

1. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    all! I haven't posted in a while, but I've been around.

As you may, or probably don't, I had a serious health scare last November, which prompted a complete lifestyle change -- quit smoking, quit eating fast food, started exercising, etc. Well, it is paying off. As of this morning, I have lost 70.6 pounds! I'm in better shape than I ever have been, and I feel great. Nobody, including myself, thought I'd stick to it, but I think I can safely say This is the new me!

Thanks for letting me brag.

Peace --

Marjorie.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A super-massive congratulations, Marjorie!!

I once heard someone say that it's not whether we tell ourselves that we're trying to stick to a diet or trying to quit smoking or whatever it is. To evolve and succeed, we must tell ourselves that we are no longer that person who ate bad food and smoked.

The difference, as he explained it, is between admitting that you're the kind who partakes in the indulges but are actively attempting to stop versus becoming a person who is no longer interested in those indulges. In other words, the more we try to think about not doing something, the more we have to think about doing it in order to tell ourselves to not do it.

It sounds to me that you have become a person who is no longer interested in those things and are reaping the benefits. Here's to the new you!

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    congratulations, that is wonderful news! sounds like you're enjoying life more, and that you'll have more time to enjoy it. your story is inspiring.

4. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    AWESOME!! congratulations.

Thirteen weeks is what it takes to turn a new program into a lifestyle, it looks like you have succeeded. Now get out there an go for a good walk, afterwards pull out the wok and make yourself good veggie stir-fry.

It' so good to hear stories like this!

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You are not nearly the person you once where. In this case, that's a good thing. ;)

You now have a whole 'nother world out there of things you can try.

Marjorie, have you taken-up any activities you couldn't do before?

I had a co-worker who once tipped the scale at 315 pounds. He too decided to get serious about taking care of his health. It took him almost two years, but he lost 115 pounds the right way.
    He is now severely into hang gliding, backpacking, and doing triathlons - all things he either couldn't do before, or would have outright killed him.

Congrats on becoming a new you!

6. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 19 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]498670[/snapback]</div>
    Well, breathe, for one thing. My lungs were in such bad shape that I was literally unable to walk to the mailbox. My sister tells me that she could tell where I am in the house because she could hear me breathe. Now I walk around 10 miles a day, plus pilates. I spend 2-3 hours a day exercising, and I am hooked!

Exercise was a real challenge for me because I HATE being outdoors, especially the heat and the bugs. But I found this series called Walk Away the Pounds that is in-home walking -- different steps and lots of arm movements. It's very good aerobically, and I can do it anytime I want, and besides, because I don't leave the house, no one can see how much I sweat!

The other thing I've been able (okay, willing) to do is put on a swimsuit. :)

And I can sing again.

Peace --

Marjorie.

7. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congratulations on your great success. You will motivate and encourage more people than you know by your example. I'm glad you posted.

8. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Congrats Marjflowers!!!!!

Breathing is good

The New you was always there, it was just waiting to come out.. :)

GOOD JOB

Craig

9. marc_staug@hotmail.com

[email protected] MarcInDentonTx

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    CONGRATS! I did close to the same thing myself. I weighed in at 313# and now am 204 working on my 180 goal. It's sometimes a hard row to hoe, but good for you. You should be commended!

10. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarcInDentonTx @ Aug 19 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]498714[/snapback]</div>

Wow -- 109 pounds! Congrats to you too!

11. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congratulations on you hard work (both of you). That's great news.

12. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congratulations, Marj! That's fantastic news!

Crow loudly & long. You've earned it

13. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You done good, I could use to lose 70 pounds myself, it's a tough road, you show a great deal of guts to have done this.
    Well done!!

14. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congratulations, You should get a little better mileage now that your car has less weight to haul around. And of course you will no longer be able to haul nice person around town...-ahem. Just a joke.

Good luck in the future.