1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please Help: Fuel Gauge Stuck at 1 blinking dot (fuse issue)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Icculus, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Icculus

Icculus New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hey folks, I inadvertently pulled the fuse which controls the fuel gauge yesterday while looking for the fuse that controls the AC outlets. I put the fuse back but now the fuel gauge is stuck at 1 (blinks) and it will not go up - I know I have a full tank.

I called the dealer where I bought it and the guy said to leave the car off for an hour to let it reset, that did nothing. The dealer is an hour round trip for me and I'd rather not have to hike out there, does anybody here know what I can do to reset the gauge?

Thanks so much for any assistance!

-Andy :(

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Fill the tank. Make sure to put in at least three gallons. If your tank is already full, you will have to wait until you run it down at least three gallons.

Tom

3. john1

john1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That happen to me a few days ago. It should reset itself after driving for a few miles, thats how my fuel gauge reset.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the gauge does not reset on its own after you leave the car READY for 10 minutes or so, then if you wish to provoke another reset of the gauge, make the car IG-OFF, then disconnect the 12V battery negative terminal cable where it connects to the body.

Wait 5 minutes, then reconnect the cable to the body. You'll see the blinking one bar for a short while, then the gauge should show the correct reading.

5. Icculus

Icculus New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions, I appreciate all of them!

The gauge reset itself eventually, after I drove a few miles. Good to know there are other things to try if that happens again! :)

Thanks!
    -Andy