1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help idenitify this part undercarriage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by IronSky, Jul 26, 2022.

1. IronSky

IronSky New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

I used a 2011 Toyota Prius for Amazon Flex. They send me to a route that I believe was bad for my car. Unpaved foothill roads with rocks. Well, some rock hit my undercarriage and I need your help identifying what foil looks like part (with part number) that looks like a heat shield or splash guard for catalytic converter?

And what part website do you recommend that I order? Carparts, etc.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I wouldn't let that worry me. Or go to the dealer and they'll walk you through getting one I don't think the aftermarket exhaust people would have it

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It’s the Front No. 3 Engine Under Cover, part number 51442-12210, secured by four clips, part number 90467-07214.

Parts catalog reference: Figure 51-02, Suspension Crossmember & Under Cover.

IronSky, RastinoSLOVAKIA and nicoj36 like this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I think it may be also made out of foil and that fireproof material it's not real it's like a stick could rip it off the car similar to the thing that sits forward of it that's just above made of plastic mine's sitting here on the ground laying here been here for some time as my 13 also has the rock trays out underneath the front and rear floors on each side of the car. They were filled with 63 lb of gravel when I pull them down they were hanging down like cow utters. So by taking those plastic trays down I lost quite a bit of weight immediately and now they're not there to fill back up and the car hasn't really lost any gas mileage.

5. drbtz

drbtz Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I too did Flex and also sent my '15 down a gravel road haha The part posted by @Elektroingenieur is the correct part.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The site Mendel always quotes will have lowest price I bet . But I would think nothing of leaving that off like the under trays that are off my 13 right now they're laying in the carport never to go back in I don't imagine

7. IronSky

IronSky New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you very much! :)

#7 IronSky, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2022
    Elektroingenieur likes this.