1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help identify trunk release connector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by joepardue, Jun 27, 2022.

1. joepardue

joepardue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 2007 liftgate failed to respond to the handle. I took it out and it was just fine and the continuity checked out. I decided to look at the release mechanism and found that the connector was so corroded that a couple of wires weren't connected as shown in the pictures. Can anybody help me identify the connector type so I can source a new one? Thanks in advance Latch.jpg Latch and connector.jpg

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You could snip one off at the junk yard or just use any type of connector crimps... Or just use butt connectors.

joepardue likes this.
  3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No way to take it apart, clean it and reinstall?

joepardue likes this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You'll go to the junkyard and you'll snip one out of another car there are a few of these connectors on these cars and then you'll splice that in or if your real picky and you have the amp connector type tools to pull the inserts out you could re-squeeze possibly I would just cut enough of the wire off so I can splice onto the wire it's not missing critical how yours got this bad is really weird I don't know if there's a water leak back there or something you need to keep an eye on find out where it is mine doesn't look like that so maybe they're carrying something liquid in the trunk that gets to leaking a lot or something.

joepardue likes this.
  5. joepardue

joepardue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welp, I realized that in 15 years I've never had to use that connector, nor did I find anyone having to use that connector when I was Googling, so I decide to just cut it out and solder the wire together. AND IT WORKS! Thanks folks at priuschat for providing me with the confidence to tackle this myself.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yep that's the plug seems unnecessary just delete it and you'll be good to go yay.